cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the music widget from lock screen

Fluffbit
Underground

The widget for pandora suddenly started appearing on my lock screen. It's always been turned off... months and months off.. nearly had this phone a year and never had the lock screen widget on. But now even tho my phone settings and pandora say the notifications are turned off for pandora, the widget is still there. Idk why. Maybe pandora did an update and messed everything up. But it's annoying and unnecessary to have on my lock screen. 

I've already cleared data for the app, deleted and reinstalled pandora and checked all those settings in app multiple times. reblocked all the notifications for the app. Checked my lock screen settings multiple times the "music" switch is off. 

I'd the privacy of not having music info on display when my phone is locked again. I don't need quick access to play pause or skip. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Fluffbit. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Can you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Fluffbit
Underground

before this week that widget has never been displayed when using pandora. Noticed this week its on the lock screen. Completely unnecessary. 

Screenshot_20210208-174417_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fluffbit Thanks so much for sending over that helpful screenshot. I understand how this could be frustrating. In the meantime, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team so that they can investigate further.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

mrjones561
Local Performer

I have a Galaxy S10 and I am experiencing the same thing it constantly changes music in my pocket when I'm walking . so annoying 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mrjones561. 👋

@bob23 posted about this in this thread here.

Let me know if that helps with your issue. 🎧

321blessed
Local Performer

I have a note 10+ and like those before nothing helps including @bob23 post you last suggested. Was there a clear solution? Thanks.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @321blessed. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Sounds like you've run through the standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧