cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening History After Phone Goes to Sleep

Tommyboy22
Local Performer

I would like to know what song and artist is currently playing when my phone goes to sleep. Not a fan, especially while driving to have to unlock and go to the app to see this information. Thanks for your time! ✌️

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tommyboy22. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I completely understand where you're coming from.

We don't actually save a list of songs from each of your listening sessions, as this would use a lot of memory. However, you can scroll back through your current listening session to view the recently played tracks. From the Now Playing screen, swipe right to scroll through previously played songs.

In the meantime, you may be interested in upvoting this suggestion created by another community member: Make Listening History Available 

To upvote a feature suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Tommyboy22
Local Performer

This isn't exactly the answer I was looking for. I'd like to see a future update that allows the song and artist that is currently playing to display on my screen when my phone goes to sleep. It's annoying to have to open/unlock my phone just to see said song and artist. A quick hands free glance would be much easier and safer while driving.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for clarifying, @Tommyboy22. It looks like I misunderstood your original message.

If you tap the screen, it will wake up the phone to show what is currently playing during your listening session on your lock screen. If you'd like for this to show on your screen at all times during driving, it sounds like you may want to update your battery saving settings. 

Do the songs / controls show up on your lockscreen without opening your phone?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos