cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Music Cuts Out Every Few Seconds

boballen797
Local Performer

I am losing music from every source on Pandora for about three to four seconds every five to ten minutes. This is the troubleshooting I've done so far. I have deleted data storage on my phone and in Pandora Settings .I have performed a soft reset on my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora. I have tried it on my wife's phone. I have interestingly enough hook up to an old Oontz bt speaker that I had and it worked perfectly. I recently bought two new very nice  bt speakers that I would like to stay with because they allow me to DJ a small crowd. I have also uninstalled all ad blockers. They have been known to be a problem. I have a gig coming up shortly so I'm getting a little anxious. Anyone have any ideas? HELP!!!  Robert. Thanks.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @boballen797. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your music cutting out every few seconds.

Troubleshooting:

It sounds like you've gone ahead and run through the basic troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If you haven't already, please try adjusting the battery optimization setting and removing background restrictions from your Android device? You can find those steps here. 

Let's also try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.

++

Device Details:

If those steps don't help, would you mind sharing more details about your device for me to report? It's helpful to know:

• Model of Phone:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for your help - let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos