cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Station Doesn't Play Familiar Songs

wesnmiles
Local Performer

I downloaded the 3 playlists for my offline listening, but it doesn't play any of my "liked" music. It only plays songs I've never heard of or songs I've never "liked" before. What is happening and how can I get it to play the music from the station that I've "liked."

The correct station has been downloaded. It's the one I listen to 24/7 in online mode. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wesnmiles. 👋

Sorry to hear that the offline version of your favorite station isn't playing the tracks you would expect. We are aware of this issue and I'd be happy to help clarify why it's happening.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. The majority of our tracks in our catalogue are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks, such as those that would normally play on your station, still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be played offline. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide all songs offline, but until then certain tracks will not be available. That's why your station might seem different.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline Station list). For now, Plus listeners cannot manually add, delete, or swap out which stations will be available in their Offline Listening, so we periodically refresh the stations that are available offline based on your listening habits.

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wesnmiles. 👋

Sorry to hear that the offline version of your favorite station isn't playing the tracks you would expect. We are aware of this issue and I'd be happy to help clarify why it's happening.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. The majority of our tracks in our catalogue are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks, such as those that would normally play on your station, still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be played offline. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide all songs offline, but until then certain tracks will not be available. That's why your station might seem different.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline Station list). For now, Plus listeners cannot manually add, delete, or swap out which stations will be available in their Offline Listening, so we periodically refresh the stations that are available offline based on your listening habits.

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024