cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline with mobile data only, not WiFi

Steeveo
Local Performer

Is it possible to be in offline mode only when I am out of WiFi range? I like the idea of updating and downloading my collections at home, but I incur big data charges on the road.  I hate switching between offline and online all the time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Steeveo. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions. However, it sounds like this isn't happening during your listening sessions.

Android users can manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving. For instance, if you go outside of your WiFi range and are about to get on the road, you can switch Pandora to offline mode. Could you try this out and let me know if you still experience trouble?

++

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Something to keep in mind, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos