cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora lowers Volume when active on screen, but pumps it back up when I lock/tab out to another app

AalphaQ
Underground

Sorry if the title was too long, but I just got a new phone (pixel 8 and when I open Pandora to listen to music, while Pandora is active as current app, it lowers the volume and it doesn't lower the volume bar- just lowers the ceiling so to speak

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AalphaQ Thanks for clarifying that with me.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AalphaQ I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Is the music not as loud when you have the app open in the foreground, however if you put the app in the background (and go back to your home screen for example), the sound gets louder?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

AalphaQ
Underground

Yes, the max volume ceiling seems to be lowered when I have Pandora in the foreground running as current app, but when I lock the screen or switch to another app/go to home screen, the volume goes up. No other apps lower the volume or volume ceiling.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AalphaQ Thanks for clarifying that with me.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

AalphaQ
Underground

I hadn't tried clearing the Data, just the cache and apparently clearing the Data and relogging fixed the problem.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @AalphaQ.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos