cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

Yellyd2010
Underground
I saw that too
0 Kudos

babytraytray
Opening Act

For those who pay for the service and still continue to be impacted, the music just started blaring out the blue. What type of discount is on the table while you work through this? Or should I just cancel the account?

cire1425
Local Performer

As a workaround you can disable the android media panel in the quick settings (turn off pin media player).

Autoplay wasn't happening with other apps so there is still something wrong with Pandora and that media panel.

0 Kudos

Shakestein
Local Performer

Every time I start up my Android Samsung A51, Pandora pops up and starts playing in my Notification window screen. I've made certain that "Launch from Car" is set to off. My "Notifications" settings in the phone has Pandora set to off. Yet this continues. I can't delete it until I manually launch the Pandora app and then quit it. Sometimes this happens multiple times in a row - it just keeps auto launching. Help!!!!!

0 Kudos

fisherka56a
Local Performer
Try to be patient. Software engineering is hard. I know it is an aggravation. Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

Yellyd2010
Underground

Great question, cause didn't they just go up in the price too? This DEFINATELY aint good for my insomnia.

I ended up having to uninstall it

Opening on its own Guess its time to just cancel

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

DH23
Local Performer

Pixel 7

AT&T

Android 13

3:20 am eastern time

0 Kudos

Lljackson-1016
Local Performer

Also was woken up by pandora going off. Your device model: Samsung s21 ultra 5G

Carrier: at&t

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1

The approximate date / time this occurred. 2 times on 9/20. A few other times thus week as well

0 Kudos

Megdawg517
Local Performer

Tech N9ne woke us up at 1:30am. I had closed all apps before bed but Pandora just rose from the ashes like an unwelcome Phoenix. I have insomnia where I can fall asleep fine, but I can't go back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. Now it's 6 am, time to get up for work, and I'm groggy and exhausted on 3.5 hours of sleep. Thanks, Pandora. 

0 Kudos

toddgrim
Local Performer

I guess I'm not the only one. I've had unwanted notifications from Pandora for a little while now, I assume since the last update, but last night I was awakened by some jammin' bluegrass at 3:28 AM! Needless to say I won't put up with that if it happens again.

Here's my 411

Device: Galaxy S20

Carrier: Mint Mobile

Android 13

Pandora version: 2308.1

When: 9/20/23 @3:28 AM

Clearly your latest update needs fixing, quick!

0 Kudos

markfl
Underground

Sadly, after being a Pandora subscriber since it's inception, I had to uninstall the app. What did your engineers do? This just started recently. Why not simply undo it? Meanwhile, I'm having to use iHeart.

Samsung A54
Android 13
One UI 5.1

Yes, we're all having the same problem. Just know that if Pandora's mini interface is in your "notifications" area, the app is open, it's using your battery and your data. The only (partial) fix is to go to Settings>Apps>Pandora  -- Do the force-stop and clear all data & cache. The app will still show in notifications when your phone restarts, but it will not have any content and will not start playing.
If you reopen the app, you'll need to log-in to open and retrieve your stations. Then you're right back in the mess again.  😞

mod edit: merged comments

nictrix
Local Performer

When I turn on my work profile / apps on my Android for some reason Pandora starts up and starts playing music. Does this Everytime it's very consistent. It will do this if I have scheduled my work apps to turn on at a certain time too. 

0 Kudos

Micecena
Local Performer

This keep happening to me as we speak and it's frustrating as he'll inhave a samsung a16s and I have deleted the dam app and it keeps doing **ahem** is pandora doing that it keeps doing that 

0 Kudos

tindletm
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  Woke us up last night and scared us half to death.  I'm going to have to delete the app so it doesn't wake up grandkids spending the night.  We really enjoy Pandora so this is really disappointing.

0 Kudos

Iam10-96
Local Performer

My phone every night for the last 3 nights at 330am starts playing Pandora. Pandora is not open at all and all apps are closed. I close it down and it opens and stays running in the background. 

0 Kudos

KCraudell
Local Performer

Pandora opened last night at 3am after having neck surgery and finally being able to fall asleep 5 Finger Death Punch radio opened on its own full volume on my Samsung S22. Verizon is the carrier.  Android version 13. Pandora version 2308.1

0 Kudos

Mizzou5440
Underground

Galaxy S23

I always close all my apps when I'm done with the with the exception of the phone and message app.  I restarted my phone and pandora just started playing out of the blue. I don't pay a subscription but it might be time for me to switch to a more stable service. Even if I have to pay. 

0 Kudos

Canescrazze
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  Pandora keeps starting itself. 

0 Kudos

ConradS
Local Performer

From what I can read it's a Galaxy (many different models) and Pixel problem. No one has come on and mentioned any other model at all. So maybe that will narrow things down? I'm on an A53 and my phone was playing what I last played, I paused it and swiped away the notification and it opened back up and played that same song SIX times.

Samsung Galaxy A53

Hello Mobile (I believe run by t mobile) 

Android 13

version 2308.1

12PM EST and 1PM when I restarted my phone

0 Kudos

Loppdak
Local Performer

I am having issues with Pandora randomly opening and playing music or just running in the background. I have two Samsug Galaxy s21 phones and it happens on both. I have turned all auto connect or auto start functions off. Pandora will even play when the phone is restarted. I do not have subscription or pay for anything. I am very frustrated with the app right now

0 Kudos