cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

Bamagirl0927
Local Performer

I've had Pandora start occasionally on it's own with no real pattern of what triggers it. At first I thought maybe I wasn't completely closing it. But I hadn't listened to Pandora since Monday, and have restarted my phone twice since then. And yet, at 4am this morning I was awakened by a sudden start of Pandora, while my phone was in sleep mode! No apps, messages, or notifications except those I specifically approve are supposed to occur during sleep mode!

Samsung Galaxy A54
T-mobile
Android version 13
Pandora version 2308.1
Today at 4am CST

0 Kudos

AMPan
Local Performer

Same thing happening to me Samsung S-21. I think it started when I used the alarm clock app on my phone to wake up. May be related. Nothing I have tried works, such as reinstalling app or shutting down notifications. I'll just remove Pandora and consider it incompatible with Android.

0 Kudos

jalovell123
Local Performer

LOL...hopefully it was a good song  : )

0 Kudos

SkierMama
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well. Pandora keeps randomly opening and playing music. It has done it on its own a couple of times; it has done it while my meditation app (insight timer) was running; and today it did it after my phone had a software update. 

• Your device model: Galaxy A71 5G 
  • Carrier: T-mobile 
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: it has happened several times (see above), the most recent was today, 9/21/23 6:45 am eastern. 
0 Kudos

evalegacy
Underground

I too was woken up early AM by Pandora randomly deciding to open itself and play music. This is very intrusive when the app wasn't even open in the background. 

Later, I opened Pandora on my way to work. Like many others, EVERY TIME I close the app and swipe to close it from running in the background, it pops up in the badge panel as "unknown" starting a couple weeks ago and I have to swipe it away to close. However, this morning a few seconds later it opened back up in the badge panel and started playing again. I couldn't swipe it away and the app wasn't even open in the background. I had to either open the app and then close it, or force stop the app process in settings.

P.S. We still haven't gotten the ability to disable the super annoying audio ducking!!!!

Device Model: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Carrier: Verizon
Android Version: 13
One UI Version: 5.1
Pandora version: 2308.1

0 Kudos

Rsolis13
Local Performer

My Pandora has been starting on its own for about a week now. I have made sure the app is closed, and the autoplay is off. I hope this is fixed soon. 🙏 

0 Kudos

melimuse29
Local Performer

Device model: Samsung A71 5G

Carrier: T-mobile

Android version: 13

The approximate date / time this occurred:

It's happened twice now - first that I noticed was 9/16 around 6:30am PT. Second was today - the app had already played about 20 songs by 6:45am. (I'm not sure exactly when it turned on b/c I've made sure to turn off media before going to bed since the first instance) 

0 Kudos

Shakestein
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue but even when not connected to Android Auto! Every time lately when I start my Samsung Galaxy A51, Pandora launches in my Notifications window and begins playing. I've removed Notification privileges for Pandora in my phone, Auto Launch is set to off in the Pandora app settings, I've deleted and reinstalled Pandora. Nothing helps. I don't want to delete Pandora permanently but unless I can find a fix I will have to. HELP!

0 Kudos

blse59
Local Performer

Maybe Pandora had a disgruntled software engineer who did this before he/she left or was fired. 🙂

evalegacy
Underground

From my previous post at 8am this morning to 9:30am, I have not opened or used Pandora but it has popped up again in the badge notification area three additional times and I had to swipe/close it from the notification bar. After the third time, I opened app settings and force closed it, hasn't opened again (so far...).

0 Kudos

Jcallicotte
Underground

Device: Pixel 4a

Carrier: T-mobile

Android version: 13

This happens every time I reboot my phone.  It starts playing immediately.

0 Kudos

JoesTT600
Underground

JAMES524
Local Performer

Have they found a solution yet? Until they do, the app is deleted from my phone.

Sincerely,
Jim Hrubik

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

JoesTT600
Underground

Nope, I'm getting pretty close to deleting it as well. Not fun to be woken up in the middle of the night!

0 Kudos

osubuckeye9
Local Performer

I have hated it with Pandora.  Starting yesterday every time I open my Samsung phone Pandora starts to play.  I have tried everything including uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but nothing works.  

I'm with you.  Starting yesterday every time I open my Samsung phone Pandora starts to play.  I have tried everything including uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.  Nothing works.  Finally gave up and uninstalled it and will use iHearts from now on.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Dougstras
Underground

Pandora starts playing every time my phone restarts or is restarted.

• Your device model: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version: 13
  • Pandora version: 2308.1 
  • The approximate date / time this occurred 09/20/2023 @4:00am and every time I restart my phone.
0 Kudos

j_rod
Local Performer

This is happening to me too!

Samsung S20

Ou812893
Local Performer

Even afternoon killing the background task, my Samsung A42 5G will playing at random.  **ahem** having to completely turn off your phone to prevent being 'that person ' in a theater or office.

Dougstras
Underground

I followed all the advice options, but Pandora is still launching without my permission. I am not a premium member, so I followed Srzvb and deleted the app. Has Pandora become a virus like a Trojan Horse? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure apps should not just launch themselves, especially when all permissions and data have been removed. Deleting a rogue app seems like the only logical solution at the moment.

jkuhn247
Local Performer

Same here. And it's been going on for a while unsubscribed I'm going 2 YouTube premium!

0 Kudos