cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS! Can't get rid of playlist!

SW113
Local Performer

I have a 6yo who I have created playlists and stations for since I figured out she does really well when she's got music going. I deleted a playlist I had created in the past, before my kid started using Pandora, due to the content being inappropriate for her age (examples: Animals by Maroon 5; and, La La by Ashlee Simpson). The big whoppin' problem is the playlist still shows up under 'recent favorites' and it's all still there. Every. Single. Song. Included. I've exhausted literally every search on the internet, gone through Pandora Help, and all the s**t I could think of on my Pandora app. I've got an Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown with the Android 9 version if that helps anyone out. How can I get rid of the playlist?!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

I was able to create a test playlist, add a few songs, see it listed under Profile > Recent Favorites, then delete it from My Collection > [Playlist Name] > Edit > [Scroll to bottom] > Delete Playlist.  Once deleted, it no longer shows up in my Recent Favorites.

Just a couple quick basic questions: Are you running the latest version of the Pandora app?  If I go into "Settings" on mine and scroll to the bottom, it says I'm running 1910.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 1910.2RC11).  If you don't need an update, you could also try clearing the application cache (Phone settings > Apps > Pandora > Storage > Clear cache).  If none of that works, you could try uninstalling the application and reinstalling it.  You might also try looking at your profile in a browser and seeing if the playlist shows up there and can be deleted.

As the disclaimer says, I'm not with Pandora - these are just some of the steps I go through when I run into problems.  Hope it helps.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

I was able to create a test playlist, add a few songs, see it listed under Profile > Recent Favorites, then delete it from My Collection > [Playlist Name] > Edit > [Scroll to bottom] > Delete Playlist.  Once deleted, it no longer shows up in my Recent Favorites.

Just a couple quick basic questions: Are you running the latest version of the Pandora app?  If I go into "Settings" on mine and scroll to the bottom, it says I'm running 1910.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 1910.2RC11).  If you don't need an update, you could also try clearing the application cache (Phone settings > Apps > Pandora > Storage > Clear cache).  If none of that works, you could try uninstalling the application and reinstalling it.  You might also try looking at your profile in a browser and seeing if the playlist shows up there and can be deleted.

As the disclaimer says, I'm not with Pandora - these are just some of the steps I go through when I run into problems.  Hope it helps.  Good luck!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SW113 Thanks for your post.

I recommend trying out what @jasonwpegg suggested in the message above.

If you still have trouble, I can have someone from our User Support team reach out to you via email to assist with this. 

Keep us updated on what happens!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jalopy0
Local Performer
Hi, I have the same issue. In my Profile section on IOS "The Wheels On The Bus" by Baby Einstein is a the only recent favorite. The station is no longer available on Pandora and there is no way to remove it. How do I remove it. It's not in my Collection. It only Shows up in my Profile as a Recent Favorite. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos

jalopy0
Local Performer

Nevermind. I unistalled the app and reinstalled it and it fixed the issue.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jalopy0 Sounds like you were able to get back to listening without any issues.

Enjoy the tunes  🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos