cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Offline Mode on Premium

spawn334
Local Performer

Yep, just experienced the same problem. I was listening to a station I downloaded and when I lost service, my app defaulted to a different downloaded station and would not allow me to do anything different until I got back into cell service.

I also can't seem to figure out how to pick which station it defaults to when I lose signal.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @spawn334. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

If you're in offline mode, you should be able to switch to another downloaded station in your list instead. 

++

We also have an existing feature suggestion that you may be interested in upvoting here: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

To upvote, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

spawn334
Local Performer

Thanks for the quick reply. I realized I used the wrong word. I said "station" when I should have said "playlist". I purposely built a playlist knowing I might go offline and so I was listening to it (not in offline mode). When I did finally lose data service, it switched to a different downloaded playlist.

Every time I lose data service, it seems to resort to this same playlist until I finally just deleted the playlist.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@spawn334 Thanks for clarifying that information. 

Based on your message, you are a Premium subscriber - this is different than Plus. With Premium, you can download songs, albums, stations, and playlists for offline listening.

Downloading:

If you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward.

• This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen.
  • Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

++

Your Offline Mode Downloads:

Do you have more than one playlist downloaded for offline listening?

I'd just like to confirm as you should be able to choose what you'd like to listen to when you go into offline mode. If you switch over to offline listening, you can see what is downloaded on your device.

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Mantisman51
Local Performer

After 2 years of paying for Premium offline mode FINALLY started working a month ago. About a week ago whenever I was listening to Pandora streaming and used ANY browser on my Android 10 phone, Pandora would crash. I checked here and it said to turn my phone on and off and to log out of Pandora then log back in. I did and now offline mode won't work AGAIN!!! I followed the directions from here on toggling offline mode on and off an clearing and downloading the station again. But after following those steps, there's NOTHING showing in offline mode to start downloading. And when I click to download the station in online mode NOTHING downloads!!! What the ever-living f*ck is going on? Help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mantisman51. 👋

Sorry to hear that happened. If you notice any issues, feel free to let us know immediately so we can help address them.

Crashing:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

Troubleshooting:

Please keep in mind, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download:

• The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.
  • If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while your offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

++

If this doesn't help with offline mode / being able to download, could you provide more information about your device?

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos