cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Pandora runs in the background after connecting to AA

chhutchind
Local Performer

I don't see any real resolution to this thread but I find I am using 10+ GB of data because my phone keeps running Pandora in the background even after I've stopped using Android Auto.  I have a Moto G 5G (2022).  My wife has a Nord 10 5G and it stops running Pandora as soon as she turns her car off and so she only uses about 1.5 GB of data a month.  Please help.  We use to only use 2-3 GB of data a month between the 2 of us, but since using Pandora with Android Auto that has gone up 500%

Pandora version: 2405.2

Thank you for your help.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @chhutchind 

Welcome to community!

I'm happy to report your experience to our engineering team. Thanks for providing your Pandora version. Can you please let me know the make and model of your phone and the OS version you're on.

In the meantime, I would try clearing the app data with the following steps:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Also, to see if it will help improve your experience, after using Android Auto, I would close the Pandora app fully.

Thanks for your help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

chhutchind
Local Performer

Thank you for responding.

Phone Make/Model:  Motorola mogo g 5G (2022)
Model Number (SKU):  XT2213-3

When following your directions above, I only have the option to Clear Storage and Clear Cache, NOT Clear Data.  I have cleared cache several times, but don't want to clear storage and the warning makes it sound like I'll be deleting everything inside the app.

And your last point is the HEADACHE!  I FORGET to close Pandora because my phone volume is OFF.  It doesn't matter in Android Auto whatever my volume is set, off or on, it still plays in the vehicle, but after getting out and Android Auto shuts off, Pandora keeps going in the background and I FORGET to close it manually, therefore wasting so much data.  I'll notice hours later that Pandora has been running for 8+ hours.  I'm not on a free data plan, I have to pay $5 for every GB.

Thank you.

0 Kudos