cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth: Playbacks stops with advertisement

330punk
Local Performer

When I play pandora in my 2015 mazda cx5 the Bluetooth shuts down when a commercial starts. Sometimes it restarts on its own. Other times I have to restart manually. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @330punk 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

First, what is the make and model of your phone? Also, what is your Android OS and Pandora version? If you need help finding this, let me know.

Does this only happen when connected to Bluetooth in your Mazda, or have you noticed the same behavior when connected to other device, such as a speaker?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sfbayjay
Local Performer

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5. My phone is a Google pixel 6a running Android 13 and Pandora version 2306.1 Every time an advertisement begins, my car's Bluetooth disconnects and restarts. Sometimes the entire Mazda bluetooth system goes through a restart. After eventually re-pairing with my phone the ad starts playing again where it left off and all is fine until the next ad break. The whole disconnect/reconnect process takes a few minutes each time. Sometimes longer and sometimes reconnect is unsuccessful without intervention.

This only happens when connected to my Mazda. Forgot to mention - this is when I am using the Mazda's native Pandora control screen to stream audio from my phone over Bluetooth. There is no physical/plugged connection between the phone and the car.

This issue does NOT occur when streaming to a Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headphones, etc - only in the car 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sfbayjay! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble connecting to your Mazda. 

When playback stops do you receive any error messaging either on your head unit or your Pixel? If so can let me know what it says, and take a screenshot of the message.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos