cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Pandora stops playing non-downloaded tracks

bayside200
Local Performer

Pandora CarPlay stops playing non-downloaded tracks - BMW iDrive 7 and 8

I’m at my wits end with Pandora on CarPlay. Consistently for several months, in testing with numerous BMW rentals running iDrive 7 or iDrive 8, Pandora stops playing tracks which aren’t available offline/downloaded already in the Pandora app.

Steps to reproduce with stations:

1. launch Pandora and start playing a station (iOS app version 2310.1.1)

2. Pandora will play a few songs which are not already downloaded, aka streaming over 5G/Cellular Data. After a few songs, audio stops playing. CarPlay indicates track advances and a moving play bar but no sound is heard even with volume adjustment. Skipping forward to next track several times results in the same problem.

3. Attempting to play any offline downloaded tracks or stations works. Attempting to switch to Spotify and stream over cellular works. Cellular signal indicates 5 bars 5G service.

Same thing happens with playlists. It gets through the downloaded tracks fine but after autoplaying a few non downloaded tracks, by the third or fourth one it goes silent and just shows track name and album art.

Force quitting the Pandora app and reopening it on my iPhone solves the problem for a few tracks and then it happens again  

Anyone else in the community find that Pandora via CarPlay is garbage?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bayside200 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos