cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS 18: Selecting content doesn't transition to Now Playing Screen

Pandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

This thread has been specifically created for listeners who report that after selecting a song, CarPlay does not transition to the Now Playing screen.

If you are experiencing this please be sure to post your comment within this thread. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

In the meantime, we ask that all listeners commenting to keep posts relevant to the thread and help us keep community a welcoming environment for all.

Updates will be posted as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for your continued patience. 

26 Replies

BBH42
Local Performer
Dont you have a small widget in the upper right side of screen? Tap on it to show Now Playing screen.
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Brettpillow
Local Performer
Thanks, I see where the arrow is. I’m hoping the screen can return to ‘now playing’ if that is the last display on the screen.
M. Brett Pillow
0 Kudos

Pandora

Note: This thread as been accepted as the Solution to mark the CURRENT STATUS AND STEPS. Updates will be provided in this thread as they are made available to the Community Team.

We appreciate your continued patience during this time.

This thread has been specifically created for listeners who report that after selecting a song, CarPlay does not transition to the Now Playing screen.

If you are experiencing this please be sure to post your comment within this thread. Comments posted here will be reported to an internal ticket investigated by our engineering team.

In the meantime, we ask that all listeners commenting to keep posts relevant to the thread and help us keep community a welcoming environment for all.

Updates will be posted as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for your continued patience. 

0 Kudos

robconn52
Local Performer

10-10-2024

I'm having the same problem discussed here in 2023. Pandora will play in my 2024 4Runner using apple car play, but only displays my stations but not Now Playing. I am using an iPhone 12 running IOS 18.0.1. 

0 Kudos

pouterson
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  I can select my stations but after I select a station I get a Unable to load Content error message.

0 Kudos

ChelsiW22
Local Performer

When I try to select a station it will not go to the now playing screen. Instead it just gives me an error message.

0 Kudos

linsayrb
Casual Fan

I'm having the same issue since updating to iOS 18. I have to push the icon for now playing to get it to switch. I've confirmed this is not an Apple issue. As a premium member I would expect Pandora to handle this quickly. Looks like I'll have to switch to Spotify.

0 Kudos