cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS18: Pandora won't load

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Note: I've accepted this message has the Solution to flag the current steps and status of this thread. We will continue update this thread with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. Thanks for your understanding!

Pandora Update 09/18/24:
Hi all! Thanks for posting!

Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. In the meantime, there is a workaround to force load Pandora within CarPlay. Please try the following:

From CarPlay

• Select My Collection
  • Choose a Station to play
  • Select the Now Playing 'arrow' in the top right corner of the screen which should force content to load

Alternatively, while connected to CarPlay, select a station to play on your phone, and CarPlay should load.

We appreciate your continued patience!

Pandora Update 09/17/24:
Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with CarPlay and iOS 18.

I've passed along your feedback to our engineering team to further investigation.

In the meantime, for any new listener who is experiencing trouble with CarPlay on iOS 18, please be sure to confirm that you are on the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device. If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon - this means you're on the latest version.

Thanks for your patience while we review!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Bytebox12
Local Performer

In the last five days I am unable to load Pandora stations onto my Apple Car Play. I have removed the Pandora app from my phone and reinstalled it twice, I have disconnected my phone from my car and reconnected it twice, I have checked for software updates for my car (none are needed) rebooted my phone twice, reset my network on the iPhone twice. Nothing. It will not load the stations even though the app shows on my Car Play. It was just fine until five days ago. I have an iPhone 12Pro. I have been in contact with Apple and Lexus and this is not their issue. I am at my wit’s end here, and none of your troubleshooting suggestions have worked so…..I’m at my wit’s end here. This is a Pandora issue now.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @barnettjordan7 

Sounds like you're on the beta version of iOS 18, since the official release date is on Monday, September 16th. While Pandora should work reasonable well, beta versions are unsupported and may cause unforeseen issues. 

I would update the Pandora app to the latest version, 2408.1 and try connecting to CarPlay once again. If you're still having trouble can you let me know more about your experience.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bytebox12 

Looks like you're on iOS 18 beta. While Pandora should work reasonable well with beta versions there may be unforeseen issues as it is not technically supported.

I see that you recently updated to the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1. Has your experience improved with this update?

If not, I'm happy to report this to our engineering team. When using CarPlay, are you connected wirelessly or with a USB cord?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

gvinson58
Local Performer

After upgrading to iOS 18, my stations will not display in CarPlay, it keeps saying “loading”.

I installed iOS 18 yesterday and now the Pandora screen is blank and I'm not able to access Pandora from CarPlay. This is a non beta version.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

MaskedMan32
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well

Rigel1
Local Performer

I installed the official iOS 18 last night and CarPlay no longer lists my Pandora stations on my 2024 Subaru Outback.

Twinmama
Local Performer

I updated to iOS 18 this morning, not beta, and I’m really sad that I did. My stations are there, but can’t seem to be used with CarPlay. I can’t really change them and it tells me that they can’t load.. I listen to Pandora every single day in my car, so it’s a bit disappointing. I’ve seen everything saying that it’s just a beta problem, but this is not beta so what do we do?

acsdave
Local Performer

After installing iOS 18.0. CarPlay does not work properly. The recent tab doesn’t get past loading…. If you go to the for you tab it will play but comes up with “There was a problem loading this content”

Rsmith718
Local Performer

I had no issues until the 2nd to last 18 beta update. I am now running the released 28.
The Pandora app works fine outside of CarPlay. I can start the app on my phone and it works a little better with CarPlay. 
From my perspective, Apple broke the link to CarPlay. Hopefully Pandora can resolve it for us. 

Compguy121
Local Performer

I installed the official iOS 18 this morning 9/17/2024 I also updated all my apps afterwards including Pandora and CarPlay no longer lists my Pandora stations It keeps saying listing

Wymanator
Local Performer

I started experiencing the same thing after upgrading to IOS 18. It seems if I restart Pandora on the phone it will allow me to select a station, but if I try to change selections in CarPlay, it just gets stuck saying “loading”. Very annoying. I updated Pandora to no avail. 

SandroZ
Local Performer

I ran into the same issue after updating to iOS 18, at least Pandora still plays if started on the phone and viewed in the small shared screen with the navigation in CarPlay. 

shmelty
Local Performer

I am having the same issue since upgrading to IOS18. Station Lists just says "Loading"

TampaBayGuy
Local Performer

Same issue here. I never had any issues with Pandora until I updated my iPhone to the latest Full solid public release OS18 Not the Beta Version. I never installed the Beta on my phone. 2019 Mercedes E Class iPhone 13 ProMax with OS 18 Stations fail to load on CarPlay. I deleted the app from my iPhone. Unsynced the iPhone from my vehicle, Reinstalled the Pandora app and paired the phone with CarPlay again, did not help any, Same exact issue.  Message says "There was a problem loading this content" Pandora still plays on CarPlay but will not display the song playing nor highlight the station playing.

TannerPandora

Note: I've accepted this message has the Solution to flag the current steps and status of this thread. We will continue update this thread with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. Thanks for your understanding!

Pandora Update 09/18/24:
Hi all! Thanks for posting!

Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. In the meantime, there is a workaround to force load Pandora within CarPlay. Please try the following:

From CarPlay

• Select My Collection
  • Choose a Station to play
  • Select the Now Playing 'arrow' in the top right corner of the screen which should force content to load

Alternatively, while connected to CarPlay, select a station to play on your phone, and CarPlay should load.

We appreciate your continued patience!

Pandora Update 09/17/24:
Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with CarPlay and iOS 18.

I've passed along your feedback to our engineering team to further investigation.

In the meantime, for any new listener who is experiencing trouble with CarPlay on iOS 18, please be sure to confirm that you are on the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device. If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon - this means you're on the latest version.

Thanks for your patience while we review!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Redline
Local Performer

Having the same issues. Won’t load. 

jbtamug99
Local Performer

Yeah that work around kind of works, except if you want to change stations it won't open the station you select, IF it changes it at all.

THUG_AK47
Local Performer

Same issue here Pandora stations not loading. Using iPhone 14 Pro w/ iOS 18

Nanananci2
Local Performer

Pandora will not load in CarPlay. It says it’s having trouble.

0 Kudos