cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Sync - Error message when playing different station or song

mojaux
Local Performer

I am in the same situation. My iPhone connects to my 2020 Ford hotspot for its internet connection. It works fine except for asking pandora to play a different channel or song. The Ford sync 3.4 responds with needs credentials or something along those lines. it is plugged into the sync ports for power.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mojaux! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

I've moved your post over to a new thread, just in case any one else has a similar experience. 

So that I can investigate, could you provide the following information?

1. What is the make, model of your Ford?
  2. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

Sounds like you're connected via USB based on your description and using voice commands with Ford Sync to switch content. Does the same thing happen if you control Pandora directly through your phone?

Can you do me a favor and please share a picture of the error message that you see on your head unit. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mojaux
Local Performer

The sync screen on the truck pauses the song playing and the Siri voice says new song playing, but then says oops there was an error and goes back to the existing song. The phone responds correctly when out of the vehicle so I probably don't have a setting right on the sync interface. I have to give a thumbs up on the screen taking my eyes of of driving. Truck Is 2020 Ford with sync 3.4 latest version and pandora is latest version for iOS. Phone connects to truck hotspot when traveling. I set up Pandora on my phone when connected to my home wifi and maybe need to install on the sync instead. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos