cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable accessory mode with iOS?

Golfleather
Local Performer

I want to control the app natively from the phone, and not from the interface in my car. Is there anyway to disable accessory mode to allow for this to occur?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jen1888
Local Performer

Go to: 

advanced settings from the Pandora app( gear icon ) 

turn off enable launch from car 

this will turn off the accessory mode. doesn’t matter apple or android 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Golfleather. 👋

I moved your post over to the Automotive section of the community. At this time, there isn't a way to disable the accessory mode.

You can still listen to Pandora in your car by connecting your mobile device via AUX cord or Bluetooth, rather than using the interface on your dash. 

Please note: If you launch Pandora through your Apple CarPlay system, you can use Siri to control what you listen to.  If you'd like to have the ability to disable accessory mode, I would recommend checking out this.

If you'd like to ability to disable accessory mode, feel free to create a feature request here.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mantonelli99
Local Performer

Please get rid of this feature! I want to control Pandora from my phone.  I’ll be using another music app in the meantime.

0 Kudos

Jen1888
Local Performer

Go to: 

advanced settings from the Pandora app( gear icon ) 

turn off enable launch from car 

this will turn off the accessory mode. doesn’t matter apple or android 

0 Kudos