cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kenwood - "Check app" when connected with USB

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

My pandora link recently stopped working and shows as "check app" on the screen when plugged into my Kenwood DDX492 head unit.  If I unplug and use just bluetooth it works fine.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @AAAAATeam! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've started a trace on your account. Can you replicate this experience while the trace is enabled within the next 7 days?  

Can you also let me know which Pandora version you're on? If you need help finding this, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

I just completed trying it multiple times again getting the same response to check the app.  I also connected via bluebook to my car during the same time and allowed it to play.

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

my app shows that I am using version2106.1

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

Sorry I replied twice and missed just replying to your post.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @AAAAATeam! No problem! Thanks for replicating that for me. I'm going to take a closer look at the trace logs. 

When you're connected is this on WiFi or Cellular? If you're on WiFi, can you try with just cellular? 

Also, just to make sure all bases are covered. Can you please reset your bluetooth connection with your car? To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device." To pair with your Kenwood again, I would refer to the owners manual. 

Also, please ensure that Launch from Car is enabled. To do this:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure Launch from car is enabled.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

It happens on Wifi and on cellular.  Bu tI will do it on cellular as well now to provide those logs as well.  The setting you mentioned is currently turned on as well.

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

I have completed the testing on cellular data only. 

66A46D34-AF3C-4141-953D-083A4BEF3F60.jpeg

0 Kudos

AAAAATeam
Local Performer

Good Morning @TannerPandora do you have any updates?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @AAAAATeam, thank you for getting back to me and for including the photo, very helpful.

I took a look at the logs and unfortunately it didn't yield any results as to why the message continues to appear. I've  gone ahead and created a ticket and escalated this to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience while we take a closer look. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos