cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora quits playing after reading a text on CarPlay since upgrading to IOS 14.6

Geoscott0292
Local Performer

Ever since I did the latest windows upgrade pandora doesn’t restart  after reading a text message on CarPlay.   I have to go to the Pandora app and restart the music. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Geoscott0292! Thanks for posting to community. 

To clarify, is the text message being read by Siri using voice commands and then Pandora doesn't resume after?

Can you give me the steps you take when this happens. I'll see if I can replicate on my end. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us diagnose. I'll need you to continue to use Pandora as you normally would. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Geoscott0292
Local Performer

Yes, thank you for responding. Every time CarPlay reads a text (which I think is done by Siri) the music doesn’t come back on when it is done reading the message. I have to open Pandora on my dash console and hit the station I had playing and hit the play button once again. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Geoscott0292! I wasn't able to replicate this reliably on my end. Let's try the following. First, can you please update to the latest version of Pandora, 2106.1 on your iPhone.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Then, open the Pandora app > Tap Profile > Tap Settings (the gear in the upper right corner) > Tap Advanced > Scroll down to Enable Auto-Start > enable / disable this a few times and then try replicating your experience again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos