cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora will not close in CarPlay

Greenfrog1618
Local Performer

When I have my IPhone connected to my car with CarPlay Pandora automatically starts playing. I close the app and it reopens itself and starts planing again. I don’t always want to use pandora when I’m in my car and just want to listen to the radio but need to charge my phone. Please help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
93 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Matildajr! Thanks for posting. 

Can you tell me a little more about the make and model of your vehicle?

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Matildajr
Local Performer

I have a 2019 Subaru Outback

0 Kudos

Xavierfl
Local Performer

This happens all the time in my 2020 Subaru Forester. It’s really bad. Even if I use any function of the phone and if I am listening to a podcast or something else pandora automatically launches and takes over. 

one example if I take a picture Pandora launches. If I access Waze or any gps app Pandora launches. 

Only thing that fixes it is deleting the crappy app. 

I used to be a paid Pandora subscriber but I stopped paying after this fiasco. 

I may go back if it gets fixed but other CarPlay features are more important than this POS app hijacking my audio. 

0 Kudos

NancyP
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. I removed pandora from my phone. I disabled autoplay connect.  It still tries to connect to my phone and won’t let me remove it. It keeps reopening. 

2019 Subaru Forester, iPhone 7. 

This is beyond frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Fghji
Local Performer

2018 Subaru with stock radio

carplay won’t cancel Pandora. 
im deleting the program and canceling subscription because of this.  

0 Kudos

AlanH12
Local Performer

I also have a 2020 Forrester.  I have turned OFF Enable AutoPlay, signed out and back in. Still loads automatically. Problem NOT SOLVED. The person who said this is a joke was so right. Stop asking for phone and car specs. You already have more than enough information to FIX THIS PROBLEM. 

emwilson80
Local Performer

Mine does the same thing. It’s annoying. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @emwilson80! Thanks for posting and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Can you let me know the make and model of your vehicle? Also, the current version of Pandora on your mobile device. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

momnivore
Local Performer

I’m glad to hear this isn’t just me but shocked that it still hasn’t been fixed. I have a 2019 Ascent, an iPhone X, and Pandora 1201.1

0 Kudos

Dragonflame_135
Local Performer

Star-Date : Feb 22, 2021.....

We....Still....Persist .....In this endless endeavor of trying to open a different app other than pandora, but still......We are .....troubled to the ends ....of when we simply close Pandora....and try to open a different app while connected to Carplay (2018 Ram stock radio, iphone 7 with the latest version of pandora 2101.1).......Somehow.... Somewhere.....  Pandora seamlessly opens itself up again....through the vastness of digital technology....and begins playing over the app I just opened.
    Its almost like The pandora App itself is alive!! .... As if it doesn't want  ....anything else .....playing over it!!!

Could this be??  That technology has advanced so far out here in the darkness of space that it now has its OWN consciousness?? Or.....Could it be.....A pure lack of understanding ...of the engineers .... of how to fix the issue ??? 
Will the Pandora App eventually take over my entire phone??......Will it....Perhaps.....take over the Entire World????  No One really knows..... 

btwolfe
Local Performer

I am still seeing this issue after turning off the ‘enable launch from car’ setting in Pandora and updating my car’s system software. It’s very frustrating. 

I am using version 2101.1 of Pandora on an iPhone X running iOS 14.4 . My car is a 2020 Subaru Ascent. 

cshepprun21
Local Performer

I just bought a 2021 Toyota Camry which has car connect but I cannot get Pandora to stop launching even with the launch from car option turned off. I'm thinking about getting rid of Pandora if this is going to keep happening

0 Kudos

CMP413
Local Performer

Any resolution on this problem? 

0 Kudos

Mel2159
Local Performer

I have the same problem described by everyone else. The only solution that works that I have found is to delete the Pandora App. Sad. 

0 Kudos