cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcasts Skip Time

neoravencroft
Underground

So I have been having some trouble with some podcasts I've been listening to in my work vehicle. I noticed when I go into the next podcast that the time skips ahead to nearly the end of the podcast and I haven't even listened to it! It's not just one podcast, it happens to all the ones that I listen to. Does anybody know what's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @neoravencroft Welcome to community!  Could you provide the following information:

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

6. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

neoravencroft
Underground
1) 2018 Chevy Equinox 2) No aftermarket 3) Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 4) Bluetooth 5) It has Android Car, but I don't use it 6) I only experience this issue with that model of vehicle.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @neoravencroft thanks for following up - sorry for the continued inconvenience. I'd like to go ahead and report this to our engineers. 

Can you send over a bit more info about your mobile device?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

neoravencroft
Underground

Android Version: 10
Build Number: QP1A. 190711.020.N975USQS2B
Security Patch Level: January 1, 2020

Pandora Version Number: 1912.1 (Android-Tuner 1912.1RC10)

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @neoravencroft thanks for the info! 

We've recently released the latest version of Pandora, 2001.1. Would you mind trying to update to this latest version and see if it helped with this skipping. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know how it goes!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

chuckperry
Local Performer
I am having the exact same problem. If I play a podcast episode thru the end, and allow the next episode to automatically start, the next episode starts at the end of the recording instead of the beginning. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android version 7.0 Build NRD9OM.N920VVRS3CRH1 Security Patch Level August 1, 2018 Pandora version 2001.1 (android tuner 2001.1RC6)

TannerPandora

Hi @chuckperry thanks for the info! I appreciate you taking your time to reach - this is super helpful. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

chuckperry
Local Performer

I found a solution! I simply listen to my content using the free Google Podcast app instead of Pandora. All the same content and it plays without any problems. Thanks!

neoravencroft
Underground

Tried updating the Pandora app and restarting my phone. Went back into the app and it unfortunately hasn't changed the issue.