cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 7/19/24: CarPlay: Poor Connection and Buffering when connected

DesertG8trGal
Underground

This week the same thing is happening with my Pandoa/CarPlay, it will say "Poor network connection" and show buffering on the app. This is ONLY in the vehicle, no issues outside of it. I have uninstalled, installed back, signed out, signed back in. I do NOT use WiFi in vehicle ever and have never had this issue before with 'buffering'. I will need to cancel and go to Spotify if this is not resolved. 

Iphone 14 Plus

2020 VW Tiguan

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07.19.24):

Thanks for posting! We've received confirmation that this has been resolved. This thread will be closed from future comments.

If you run into a similar experience in the future, please create a new post.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update (07.17.24): 

Hi all!

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data in your vehicles and while connected to CarPlay.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates as they are provided to the community team right here.

Thanks for your patience!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Ikes1
Underground

I am also having the same issue. Poor network connection. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app too. Why am I paying for something I can’t use?  

DesertG8trGal
Underground

Same! I have done all then deleted stations and added them back and still issues and then I get a reply back from "support" asking what my internet provider is. That is NOT the issue, never have I connected to internet while driving and using CarPlay. 

0 Kudos

Gentjm
Local Performer

I believe it’s a CarPlay & pandora proprietary issue. Once the last update happened my CarPlay seems to be working fine.
It

Joseph Gentile
Enlightenment Recovery LLC

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

Ikes1
Underground

I dont know when the last update you received was but mine shows 3 weeks ago and this just started happening

I have sound on mine but if I go to skip a song then it freezes. Sometimes it will say poor network connection no matter where I might be. I cannot play songs on shuffle at all since it wont even start the first song. If it freezes I have to pick another station. It works fine though if I am in my house and using wifi

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

DesertG8trGal
Underground

Yep, you are screwed if you try and skip a song. You'll get "poor network connection" which never has been an issue and it freezes if you then try another station. As well the "buffering" on the app... 😞

Here inside the house I can play Pandora on computer or phone, no issues.

Pandora shows I have version 2406.1 and I did all Apple updates 2 days ago, still did not fix it.

0 Kudos

Jones6281
Local Performer

Same exact issue here with a 2021 F250. Can’t change a song without loosing connection and getting a poor connection/ buffering pop up. 

0 Kudos

Kcspikes
Local Performer

Me too! The most frustrating thing ever. It's been happening for weeks now. 2022 Ford Expedition. Have any solutions worked? I've also done all the things to try to mitigate the issue. Is Pandora looking into it? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07.19.24):

Thanks for posting! We've received confirmation that this has been resolved. This thread will be closed from future comments.

If you run into a similar experience in the future, please create a new post.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update (07.17.24): 

Hi all!

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data in your vehicles and while connected to CarPlay.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates as they are provided to the community team right here.

Thanks for your patience!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DesertG8trGal
Underground

Just an FYI this morning and afternoon same issues are in place with 1). buffering and 2). poor network issue.

I'm assuming dev team is working on a hot fix and you'll notify via this community chat or will there be a new update via the app? Thank you at least for addressing all of us that this is an actual issue, to be honest the RCA isn't really needed for why do we care of the "why" it happened, which was on the backend, not our vehicles. We just want to stop having rage when driving and trying to listen to music that we paid for.

Thank you-

0 Kudos

Justin24
Underground

Got a message from pandora support said they are aware of it and working on fixing it

0 Kudos

DesertG8trGal
Underground

I am confirming....it's FIXED!!!!!!!! Thank you for listening to us and fixing.

The joy of skipping songs, changing stations...no buffering nor error messages is a great feeling!

0 Kudos