cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Limit when listening in GM

dwleib
Local Performer

Same issue as rjonason

I've been a faithful Plus subscriber for quite a while, but not being able to skip songs on the Pandora app in my brand new truck is frustrating.  I should not have to plug into my phone in order for Pandora to work correctly, when the vehicle already has a Pandora app.

Can you guys please get this sorted out?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @lsmithjax - thanks for posting, sorry for any confusion!

Sounds like you're using the Pandora integrated app in your vehicle, unfortunately, Plus and Premium subscription are not compatible. 

For now, you can enjoy the Premium benefits in your car by connecting your phone via a standard Bluetooth, auxiliary (AUX) connection or using CarPlay or Android Auto.

We are actively working on making these features available on more devices and vehicles.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

rjonason
Underground

Hello, I listen to Pandora in my truck 2019 GMC Denali 2500hd Infotainment system. Everytime after skipping about 8 to 10 times it tells me " No Remaining Skips" what?? I pay for premium and this is supposed to not limit my skips? I mean what am I paying $10 a month for if it's not going to give me what I'm paying for??  Some are stations but most are my own playlist

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @rjonason. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread: Unlimited Skips with Premium

Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

We are actively working on making Pandora Premium's features available through more devices. 

For now, you can expand your Pandora Premium experience using Chromecast or Apple AirPlay, or by accessing your collection on some in-car audio systems. You can also utilize all the features of Pandora Plus from many other devices.

In the meantime, I would recommend checking out @TannerPandora's message above about unlimited skips here.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dwleib I created a separate thread for your post since this is happening in your car.

I am going to have our Automotive team contact you privately for more information around this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

lsmithjax
Local Performer

Any real solution to this?   I have the same truck and just started using Pandora in the truck via the built-in Pandora app. I noticed the same thing.  I get unlimited skips when I listen in the house.. but not in the truck. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lsmithjax - thanks for posting, sorry for any confusion!

Sounds like you're using the Pandora integrated app in your vehicle, unfortunately, Plus and Premium subscription are not compatible. 

For now, you can enjoy the Premium benefits in your car by connecting your phone via a standard Bluetooth, auxiliary (AUX) connection or using CarPlay or Android Auto.

We are actively working on making these features available on more devices and vehicles.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rjonason
Underground

Ok I've been waiting for weeks for someone to contact me or say anything? What's going on with this? Can you fix this or do I need to just cancel?

0 Kudos

rjonason
Underground

This is a Pandora app! This isn't something GM made yes I understand they take your app and put it in there Infotainment system however GM doesn't change anything according to them! I have spoke with GM and Infotainment and they both claim this is a Issue on Pandora's side. Your app allows us to log in but doesn't bring over our premium settings it's just checked against a list of current paid users and then say yes it's ok to play without ads. So why can't we stop passing the buck and work with GM or Infotainment system to get this fixed. Your solution for playing through my phone isn't a solution! It's passing the buck!! Saying to your paying customer's your don't really care about what should be corrected!!! as long as Pandora gets its money the heck with what the customer is paying for! I understand I'm just one customer but there are millions of GM vehicles out there that want this working CORRECTLY

Chadillack
Local Performer

I Have a 2020 silverado and same it's October and my pandora app on the radio is still limited on skips when I pay for premium. Literally the only reason I pay for wifi in my truck and pandora premium is so I don't have to use my phone. It's ridiculous that I'm limited to skips on an app and you continue to tell all of us who pay that basically just use your phone. That's not an acceptable answer to your paying customers

0 Kudos

msutoad
Local Performer

I have a 2021 Yukon Denali, and have the same issue.  I am a developer (software), and I dont at all understand why this is not compatible.  When I login to Pandora on the integrated Infotainment app it used the same username and password that my cell phone, ipad, and computer use and it works there.  It basically checks a DB to see I pay, and allows the function to work.  Why is the "capability bit" not being set properly overall when I log in regardless of device.  The GM Infotainment system knows "nothing" of Pandora, it merely houses the Pandora code to be executed.  I too only pay so I could have Pandora in my car with unlimited and using my phone to be the conduit can work, but is not the work flow I want.  Being an engineer, I am requesting a more detailed answer of why the code does not work properly to know I am allow unlimited skips..

0 Kudos

Jk5454
Local Performer

Same issue with the skip option on my 2021 Yukon Denali. The other problem that I’m also having is the repeat of a song. There no option for it like the phone app has and if I drag the song progression bar back on the dash screen to try to repeat the bar first go back but then nothing happens. 

0 Kudos

Jk5454
Local Performer

Anyone???

0 Kudos

jimbg
Local Performer

Any update on this?  I like many on the thread purchase Wi-Fi on my 2020 truck and Pandora premium.  I should not have a skip limitation, PERIOD.  It would be much cheaper for me to just get Sirius - if this doesn't get resolved, I may go that direction after being a long time Pandora customer.

Please get your GM app fixed!

0 Kudos

jimbg
Local Performer

Has there been any progress in having the native GM Pandora application support my subscription?  I should not have to drain the battery on my phone in order to take advantage of my subscription in my truck.

Interestingly enough, the Spotify application supports their subscriptions, maybe it is time for a change.

0 Kudos