cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subaru Starlink - Message: "Please reconnect your mobile device..."

quitta84
Local Performer

Hello, my phone connects to the pandora app through the car, however, there's an error message on the screen that won't go away. It says to "please reconnect your mobile device or restart the Pandora App.....etc". How do I get this message to go away? I have an android device and also have the starlink app on my phone.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @quitta84!

To clarify, the message appears on your vehicle's head unit or on your phone's display?

Can you tell me a little more about your set-up:

1. What is the model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  2. Are you connected via Bluetooth or USB? 

In the meantime, can you confirm "Launch from Car" is disabled? If not, you can use the following steps to disable: 

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices uncheck the box next to Launch from car.

Then shut down all apps on your phone and restart your car.

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

quitta84
Local Performer

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. The message displays on my vehicle head unit. I have a Samsung Galaxy halo. I checked and the launch from car was not enabled. I have version 2201.1 of Pandora. I'm using bluetooth to connect.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @quitta84!

When convenient, can you share a picture of the message you're seeing on the head unit? You can upload the picture directly in this thread. Thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

quitta84
Local Performer

I have tried a few different things and have been able to figure out how to add a picture to this thread. Do I need to use a computer to do so or is there a way from my phone?

0 Kudos

dlwr300
Underground

Please try connecting your phone to the USB port.  The USB port will be in the armrest or in the cubby hole under the stereo where you'd stash your shades, phone or Butterfinger.  Plugging your phone in a 12-volt charger won't work. 

1. Start the app on your phone and play a station/playlist
  2. plug your phone in the USB port
  3. change the stereo's source to Pandora
  4. enjoy full functionality of the phone's app by using controls on the stereo's face or steering wheel buttons

Sometimes I receive an error message on the stereo.  I turn off the stereo, unplug the Lightning cord/sync cord from the phone, close the app/swipe up, re-open the app, start playing a playlist/station, turn thee stereo on.

0 Kudos