cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumps up playlist not working with CarPlay

Birkdale
Local Performer

This is an issue for me as well; all playlists work fine with CarPlay, but when I choose the option to play my “Thumbs Up Playlist”, it brings up all of the songs, but will not play any of them. Or I should say it pretends to play them by showing that something is playing, but no sound comes out. 

Is the “Thumbs Up Playlist” a premium feature only available to paying customers?  If not, why does this playlist option only show up on CarPlay and not on the iOS app itself?

Thanks in advance - 

steve 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Birkdale! Thanks for posting.

Playlists are a feature of Premium, however, as a free listener you should be able to listen to playlists if a Premium Access session has been started. 

Does this only happen when connected to CarPlay? Can you play the playlist normally from your phone without CarPlay? Could you do me a favor and take a picture of this the next time you're in your car. You can attach the photo in your next post. 

Could you also tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

mlevin
Local Performer

I have the exact same issue. I can play my Thumbs Up playlist on my computer or on my cell. However when I am connected to CarPlay, it "appears" to play the songs, but no sound is heard. All other Pandora channels play perfectly, however specifically the Thumbs Up playlist appears to be muted.

mlevin
Local Performer

PS - I am subscribed to Pandora Plus.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mlevin! Thanks for posting.

Since you're a Plus subscriber, you'd need to activate a Premium Access session in order to listen to a playlist.

Are you activating this session prior to connecting to your vehicle or after? Does this happen right away or after some time? Keep in mind that the sessions are limited, when the session ends, your account should automatically revert back to Plus. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos