cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update pandora functionality for Honda?

Samuroka
Local Performer
Is there a way to upgrade the pandora integration for my car? I have a 2013 Accord, and the app is functional, when I bought the car, Pandora was more simple. As newer functionality has arrived, I have no way to access them through the app. Things like repeating a song or skipping ahead on an album don't work at all. As time has gone on, the app gets more and more picky about whether or not it'll actually talk with my phone. Is it possible to update the code on my car's computer to fix these issues? I'm comfortable getting my hands dirty if it's not an easy process, but I can't find an answer anywhere on Google about it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey @Samuroka 

The experience in the Honda is an experience with a BT protocol that we provide that chevy can put in their firmware.  That firmware with Pandora generally doesn't get updated after the car ships.  There are also some functionalities that are still not supported even if you went to a new car, like "repeat".  

The alternative that I have been telling people to try if they want new functionality in the car is to try out Pandora's voice solution.  If you go into search one time to search for something on voice, you can enable the "Ok Pandora" voice prompt and from there you can say, "Ok Pandora, repeat song" when you're on the drive.  Note that Pandora's voice prompts only work when the Pandora app is in the foreground.  Another alternative is Google Assistant.

I hope that helps.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TmacPandora

Hey @Samuroka 

The experience in the Honda is an experience with a BT protocol that we provide that chevy can put in their firmware.  That firmware with Pandora generally doesn't get updated after the car ships.  There are also some functionalities that are still not supported even if you went to a new car, like "repeat".  

The alternative that I have been telling people to try if they want new functionality in the car is to try out Pandora's voice solution.  If you go into search one time to search for something on voice, you can enable the "Ok Pandora" voice prompt and from there you can say, "Ok Pandora, repeat song" when you're on the drive.  Note that Pandora's voice prompts only work when the Pandora app is in the foreground.  Another alternative is Google Assistant.

I hope that helps.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap