cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big Pandora thanks

ppaul3
Underground

I have passed 100 million streams on Pandora and am very very grateful ! https://www.pandora.com/artist/paul-adams/ARvgrV3jjjXKcxc

Tags (2)
13 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ppaul3 Wow! What a HUGE milestone!! Congratulations to you from the rest of the Pandora Community Team and I! We're so happy to have you a part of the community and appreciate you sharing this milestone with us. Man Happy

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

ppaul3
Underground

Thanks Erick !  Pandora is a saving grace for many indies. We did have one odd thing last year. My GF Elizabeth Geyer had her album refused last year. Interestingy enough, the same week we received fan mail about it from Sting, Bill Champlin, Peter Erskine and other Grammy winners how much they loved it. We are scratching out head on that one 🙂  Thanks again !!  Paul

Oops, forgot to mention the title of the album. THE BRIDGE  Smiley Happy

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Well done! A jazzman can dream.....

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

JackPhantom
On the Rise

I'll give you a few streams if you can clue us in as to how you actually got it NOTICED...

Actually, I did give a few songs a listen. Not jazz, but a really nice mellow Americana. I dig it.

ppaul3
Underground

I liked your stuff alot. But, there isn't a large audience. Frustrating as hell. My GF in Australia is Elizabeth Geyer who is a genius. Bruce Lndvall of Blue Note called her that.. BUT, she's struggling.  Pandora even rejected her album THE BRIDGE the same week she got fan mail from Peter Erskine, Sting and Bill Champlin.

I got lucky w/ the new age thing.

Spotify seems easier to manipulate (where I don't do as well). But, Pandora not has tools in their AMP where one can try to promote. I think it crucial to be able to make P lists where we can focus on her or our songs only. Since Sirius bought Pandora this may happen

paul

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Spotify's changed - there's no tools at all for artists. Can't message people who produce playlists, and they're only interested in hyping already established talent.

I'll listen to your GF's stuff later. Kudos on the fan mail - and thank you for the kind words.

I wonder if Sirius will pick up Pandora's tooling, or you still have to send CDs manually to Avenue of the Americas with a begging letter. 

ppaul3
Underground

There are tools for artists and they now have a pay promo you can do. But, not sure of  efficasy. Sirius will not make changes for submissions. Most of what they play comes from specialty promo people unfortunately. For edgy stuff like yours there may not be a big home. They used to have a channel called Beyond Jazz that was incredible !

Bruce Lundvall of Blue Note did an entire hour on Elizabeth on his Sirius show. But Don Was took over and he doesn't have the love for Elizabeth Bruce did.

The trick for playlists is to find who makes them, search other social media like FB or Twitter to see if they can be located there by their name or spotify PL handle. A pain, but I have done it quite a lot. My best friend Dave needs to do this and use his years of playing and arranging for Ray Charles as a door opening. But, he just hates the process. It ain't easy being unusual

There are a few spotify PL promoters but caution needs to be used there to make sure they are not gaming w/ fake spins

paul

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Thanks for the incredible advice. I wish there was something I could do for you in return.

ppaul3
Underground

Welcome !!!  Lets keep in touch. I am very open and I loved what u were doing

paul

hwicker_1
Local Performer
Congratulations Paul!

SpacedOut1
Underground

Congratualtions!

ppaul3
Underground