cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DJ's On Pandora

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

Does Pandora have actual DJ's picking the songs or is it a computer picking the songs?

Tags (1)
10 Replies

Vikkicpoet
Underground

I have a feeling that everything is done by an algorithm. Being that nothing is done officially by humans. However, I would love to see pandora become more of a streaming service where humans can take control of the things they want to hear.

Yes, we're able to vote for songs we want to hear with the thumbs up and downvotes. However, I feel that their needs to be a way for us as users to have a better way of voting for the music we would like to hear. For instance, it would be amazing if we were given the option to vote on an entire station instead of just a song.

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

I to feel the same way.  If humans actual pick the songs it would give a better feel to Pandora and a better experience all around.

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vikkicpoet @RyanKuc2019  Pandora has a team of music analysts that take the music that we ingest and analyze songs based on 450+ different attributes so we can then build stations of songs that go together better than any other streaming service.

In addition to music analysts, we have curators who are actually human beings that handpick songs for stations and playlists based on the analysis of our music analysts + the Music Genome Project. Your thumbs and the rest of thumbs from all of our listeners actually have an influence on which songs/artists make it to certain stations and playlists. 👍

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

Thanks for the information Erik.

Vikkicpoet
Underground

@ErickPandora Thank you for getting back to me with such useful information. I truly appreciate it. 🙂

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanKuc2019 @Vikkicpoet You're welcome! 

I truly appreciate you both participating in the Community. 😁

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

senselocke
Underground

That sounds groovy. In fact, that sounds like something I could do for 30-50 hours per week, for perhaps a per-hour compensation. Where would I go to inquire about such an opportunity? =D

Tkarasek
Local Performer

How many of our up thumbs are affecting what we hear?

@RyanKuc2019  First and foremost, I just want to say hello. And to answer your question. I do pick the songs for each day, I also add songs that are requested by other Pandorians here in the community. I try to do the best I can to pick from different genres. If you have music request, then please feel free to post your selections. Some post whole playlist, others it may be just one to four songs. If you do post a playlist, I normally would choose four songs from it per day. Here is the playlist that the songs from GSOTD are added to.  https://pandora.app.link/tnKPzY5QGeb . Enjoy the music. You take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Listener001
Not applicable

@MOHLovesAlaska You know pandorians almost sounds like the Andorians from Star Trek