cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Music Addict with Advice

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

You probably will never meet another person with such diverse taste in music that is as addicted to music. I try to listen to everything, but rarely do I listen to Country, people that scream at me, and Hip Hop. 

Would be nice to find some community here, but unlikely. I might take advice, but I don't use music so much as to make friends with it, or have something to talk about. If I have friends with the same tastes, then great, but I won't sacrifice my soul and pretend to like junk. 

I have advice to the failing music industry...STOP catering to zero talent and 1 hit wonders. That is so nearsighted. It will blow up almost every time, especially because the elite in the music will call you out for what it is, and that is what makes it fail. Eventually, they give up on music, losing interest, while if you cater to the elite, you will make people into music lovers for life because anyone can have good taste in music, even Hip Hop, Death Metal, and Country, but often it is just a matter of having put in some good listening hours. 

Tone deaf walkers might like it at first, but when they hear the musical elite laughing at the popularity of junk, the support for bad music goes sour. It always does. However, if you cater to the musical elite, their attitude will trickle down and everybody will like good music. Good music will flourish, and everyone will be happy.

However, I do think the technology is there to publish the music of every band. So, at this time in history it is probably a good idea to give record deals to all. Kids will listen to anything as a form of rebellion. Might as well take their money, and make hundreds of bands that all sound alike, with no talent, and can't be differentiated from one to the next. lol!

0 Kudos
0 Replies