cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspiration for Song Writing

23569_AppleFace
Underground

I am trying to find more inspiration for my music but everyone else has already written a song about it and I don't know what to do about it 😔.Do you guys have any ideas 🤔💡?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Tags (3)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @23569_AppleFace. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

There's a thread in the Creators group that you may find helpful: What is your Creative Process?

Many songs are written about the same (or similar) topics, what makes it authentic is the lyrics and the artist performing the song. I'm no song writing or lyricist by any means, but I'm happy to share what I would do if I wanted to write a song.

• Try about things that inspire you as a human 
    • Ex. Travel, family, love, adventure, etc.
  • Start with a melody
  • Take it one step at a time
  • You won't also be easily inspired and that's okay. When inspiration does hit you, write it down. 

Hopefully those are some helpful tips. Wish you well in writing your next song! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

I agree with @AlyssaPandora, she hit the nail on the head with her advice she gave. If you were to read about some of the best singer-songwriters you will see that the songs they write about are mostly from their own personal life experiences. For example, my favorite music artist Jewel Kilcher, she was raised in Alaska on a homestead, she traveled around the state singing with her mom and dad while she was thigh high. She moved around a lot, she hitchhike from Alaska to the lower 48 by herself as a teenager, she also hitchhike to Mexico as well as through Mexico as a teenager, she was homeless for awhile living in a car then a van. But now she is a famous singer-songwriter that has sold nearly 40 million albums worldwide, as well as traveled the world singing. There are many more like Jewel that wrote songs about the struggles they went through growing up, Loretta Lynn who was brought up in extreme poverty, she also wrote songs about her upbringing that won her Grammy Awards. The list is endless. 

I wish you the best in your endeavors as a musician and singer-songwriter. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

nickpherigo
Underground

Remember, originality comes from your unique perspective, experiences, and creativity. The more genuine and authentic you are in your writing, the more likely you are to create something that resonates with others in a fresh and captivating way. But I understand how difficult it can be to write texts, for example, I sometimes use the service https://edubirdie.com/ to write homework for college. If you don't have inspiration, writing is pretty hard. Try to find a source of inspiration that suits you.