cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music for the deaf

Auen1
Underground

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I am curious.  I don't really know anyone that is deaf or I would just ask them.  Is there a way that deaf people can enjoy music?  I realize that, at first glance that may seem like a silly question but I couldn't be more serious.  I know that when I have to wear hearing protection at work, after several hours I can start to sense vibrations from all sorts of things that I normally wouldn't.  Perhaps it is similar in that music can be felt instead of heard?

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Auen1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. After reading your post, I became very interested as my mother has been deaf in one ear since early childhood. While she hasn't experienced a full loss of hearing, she does have to use tactics like reading lips to understand others. I found an article that breaks down how those that may be hearing impaired experience music here.

And yes, I personally believe music can be felt instead of heard. ❤️

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

Auen1
Underground

Thanks AlyssaPandora for replying to my post.  I have a love for music that only continues to grow.  As such I have been brainstorming some interesting prospects that are centered around this topic.  They involve various ways for people that have specific sensory related impairments to be able to also enjoy the art.  I haven't read the article that you linked yet, but I am looking forward to it.

captainhowdey
Local Performer

i have a deaf friend that has a banging system in his car. he listens to bass music. like bass mechanic