cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Music Released

markpain
Opening Act

Just wanted to share some new stuff with you guys and wanted to get some.feedback. You can find me on Pandora under Markpain 

You can follow me on facebook as well thanks in advance 

Moderator edit: advertising to social removed

3 Replies

JackPhantom
On the Rise

I heard two of your songs:

"The Building Is On It's (sic) Feet" and "The Rarest Form Of Hip-Hop".

Hate to be that guy - but the title of your first track is mis-spelled. Should be "on its feet".

I'm not a hiphop guy, but two things stand out to me:

1) the level on the vocals is too low. In the Building track, I had to strain to listen to what you were saying over the sampled guitar riff. "Rarest" had the same issue - you have a decent sounding voice whether rapping or singing, syncopate well, and what you were saying was rhythmically interesting. Not sure why you buried the rap in the mix, a decent engineer would be able to separate the sounds out more. Your voice is an asset - needs to be more front and center. You have a gift, but we have to try and dig through the riff to find it.

2) you did vary the backing track a bit by cutting out the bass drum, or pushing a slight variation during your chorus parts, but song structure is pretty key - your intro needs to come together and have a "and here we go" before the verses, same with the chorus - there needs to be some variation just before you change gears to the chorus. I don't know if it's because the "main riff" seems to repeat over and over, but I had to almost listen for the verse/chorus change, whereas in most songs there's some kind of obvious lead-up that indicates a gear-shift from A to B is about to happen.

You have some good potential, and the material you're using is well put together. But is just seems to be a wall of track, I can actually see in my mind's eye what this looks like on a DAW - almost for the most part four straight lines of WAV, with some parts chopped out momentarily.

Sharpen this up a bit, and you've got enough hook and vocal sound to really cook.

That's my two cents. 

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

markpain
Opening Act

@JackPhantom  Thanks appreciate your feedback .. Pretty much everything is done in preproduction by myself. No engineer just myself but your feedback counts appreciate that.

JackPhantom
On the Rise

You're on the right track - I think with some minor tweaks, this will go from good to great.

Looking forward to the next track.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)