cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The importance of Listening to Music

Chankla
Opening Act

I'd like to start this post with this simple question: why do you listen to music?

16 Replies

@Chankla great topic you created, as far as music is for me in my life, I have to start from the very beginning when I first remember listening to music. I remember as a very small little boy growing up on my grandparents dairy farm I would wait for the school bus to pickup my sister and my aunt Annie, once they were on the bus I would walk up our dirt road to the dairy barn to do my one and only barn choir my uncles Eddie and Jr gave me and that was clean behind the cows 🐄 with a hoe. As I was doing that choir country music would be blasting through the barn. Every where I went growing up was country music, in the car, in the house, in the barn. I never knew other music existed until a little later when my parents moved us off the family farm 🚜.

My dad grew up in the city, and that is where he moved us, back to where he grew up. My eldest brothers David and Donnie introduced me to Rock, Pop, Rock n roll, Jazz, Reggae and even Opera. I come from a very large family of 13, David and Donnie are 1 & 2, I'm number 6 from oldest to youngest. Thanks to my older brothers my appetite in music became much so much more. Music was through all of my teenage years, but it became the most vital part in my life in 2008 through now, it helped get me through the most darkest time in my life, actually GOD was the greatest factor, but music also played a key role by becoming therapeutic for me. That is when Jewel and her song Foolish Games became my all around favorite music artist and song. 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Chankla
Opening Act

Hi MOHLovesAlaska,

Thank you for your nice feedback and for sharing your wonderful story!

@Chankla you are truly welcome, here is my personal Playlist that is a little south of 1700 songs. I hope you enjoy it.

MOHLovesAlaska Created Playlist 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Chankla. 👋

Music has been a soundtrack to my life. I can remember certain periods of my life and correlate them with songs or albums I listened to during those periods of time.

During hard times, happy times, sad times, celebratory times, music has been a staple in my life. For me, it serves as therapy, motivation, and inspiration. It's one of my favorite forms of expression and art. 

Thank you for this interesting and thoughtful post. Why do you listen to music, @Chankla? 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Jazzlynn172005
On the Rise

@Chankla  The reason why I listen to music is to escape into my own reality and help myself when I get upset or get my feelings hurt. I listen to all kinds of music after someone died that I cared about more than anybody would think because we sometimes got into arguments. The music has helped me through tough times and it still is helping me.

Jazzlynn M. Schrader

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@Chankla Thank you for your post. I really like the comments @MOHLovesAlaska / @AlyssaPandora  / and @Jazzlynn172005 posted. 

Music has always played an important part of my life since I was a child. My maternal grandmother had a record collection of music from the 1940s, 50s and some 60s. I would stay with her some and we always listened to her music together. It taught me at an early age to love and appreciate music. 

Like @AlyssaPandora mentioned, certain songs can indeed transport me to a different time and place. Country and pop are my two main genres I listen to the most but I've also got R&B and rock stations as well. My favorites playlist has my favorite country, pop, R&B and rock songs from the last 42 years. 

If you enjoy music I would recommend you check out my Inspiring Quotes post. This week and next week I'm posting only music quotes. Anyway, I hope we'll see you around the community commenting on some of the other posts here. Peace! ✌️

Chankla
Opening Act
Hi MOHLovesAlaska,

I hope you're doing well!

Thank you so much for sharing your playlist with me!

Take care!

Chankla
Opening Act
Hi @ AlyssaPandora,

You're most welcome!

Thank you for sharing your experience with music. I share your nice ideas
with you!

I wish you all the best in your beautiful life!

Keep in touch!

Chankla
Opening Act
Hi @Jazzlynn172005,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your honest experience with music. I
hope you'll listen to music in happy times forever!

Take care and stay safe!

Chankla
Opening Act

Hi UncleBud,

Thank you for sharing your nice experience with music and for loving it!  

Sure, I'll have a look at your interesting quotes. 

Keep in touch!

Take care and stay safe!

SixtiesMusicFan
Local Performer

Music makes the world go around. Yeah I know you've heard that before. I mostly listen to 60's and 70's music. It's the era I was a teenager in. When I hear a certain song I can also see all of my old friends. 

dq6353002
Underground

Yes tks how are you doing?

dq6353002
Underground

yes music calm the beast 

Chankla
Opening Act
That's wonderful! Thank you!

Danny5
Underground

It's an outside part of life that speaks to me whenever I need it. No matter my mood music has always been my best friend. 

Chankla
Opening Act

You're welcome! I'm good. Thanks! What bout u?