cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird But True Facts.

I will try and post one weird but true fact each weekday. Perhaps on a Saturday when I have some free time, like now. 

In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. (Source is from bu.edu website)

Apparently she never considered herself lost. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
134 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is very weird indeed, @MOHLovesAlaska.

I'm happy she found herself. 😂

I can't wait to see the next fact! 😎

Good Monday morning. Here is another weird but true fact.

What the fork? This pronged utensil was once considered sacrilegious because they were seen as “artificial hands.” (Source is from scarymommy.com)

Have a blessed day, take care, and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

Golden1girl
Opening Act

That's weird but interesting to know.

Golden1girl
Opening Act

Sorry I didn't mean to send that 

Golden1girl
Opening Act

Interesting I have liked all your facts so far

@Golden1girl thank you for your interest as well as your support to this post. Have a wonderful day. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning, I hope you find this weird but true fact interesting.

The Eiffel Tower gets taller in the summer. When the iron heats up, the tower can be up to 15 centimeters (6 inches) taller due to thermal expansion. (Source comes from weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts.com).

Have a wonderful day. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

RadMan0508
Underground

That is sooooooo cool😴😴😴

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RadMan0508 I thought the same! 

I wish the same logic worked with humans - I wouldn't mind being able to grow a couple of inches taller from warm weather. 😂

Good Wednesday evening. Welcome to another weird but true fact. 

The mayor of a historical district in Alaska was a cat named Stubbs who served until his death in 2017. (Source comes from parade.com)

Have a great night, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, perhaps you may find this just as interesting as I do. 

Scotland chose the Unicorn 🦄 as it's national animal. Unicorns have been linked to Scotland for centuries. In Celtic mythology the unicorn was a symbol of purity and innocence, as well as masculinity and power. Tales of dominance and chivalry associated with the unicorn may be why it was chosen as Scotland’s national animal.While the animal is mythological, the ideals it represents are what make it a perfect fit as the national animal for Scotland, and because like this proud beast – Scots would fight to remain unconquered.

The unicorn was first used on the Scottish royal coat of arms by William I in the 12th century. In the 15th century, when King James III was in power, gold coins even appeared with the unicorn on them. When Scotland and England unified under the reign of James VI of Scotland in 1603, the Scottish Royal Arms had two unicorns supporting a shield. When James VI became James I of England and Ireland, he replaced the unicorn on the left of the shield with the national animal of England, the lion, to show that the countries were indeed united. (Source comes from visitscotland.com)

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I'm loving the animal facts! 🐱🦄

RIP Stubbs! 

Kerri825
Local Performer

This would be totally me!  I love it!  Thanks for sharing😂🤣😂

@Kerri825 thank you for your reply as well as your support for this post. Have a blessed day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend, hopefully you find this just as interesting as I do.

Banks have therapists known as wealth psychologistâ who help ultra-rich clients, who are unable to mentally cope with their immense wealth. (Source comes from bu.edu.com)

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

YuujiYamazoe_
Underground

Why can't I get taller every summer 😭

At least I'm taller than kuki >:)

♡, YuujiZoe
~Shine like a star 별 ☆★

Good Monday morning and welcome to another weird but true fact. I hope you find this just as interesting as I do. 

Sloths can hold their breath longer than dolphins. Dolphins need to come up for air every 10 minutes, but by slowing their heart rate, sloths can actually hold their breath for 40 minutes!  (Source comes from weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning, this weird but true fact is for all of you Guinea pig lovers who are considering moving to Switzerland. 

Switzerland prohibits the ownership of just one guinea pig. Since guinea pigs are such social creatures, one guinea pig would get lonely so having just one is considered animal abuse in Switzerland. (Source comes from weareteachers.com)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday afternoon, and welcome to weird but true facts. 

I found this fascinating true fact about Shrimp 🦐. A shrimp’s heart is in its head. If that wasn’t interesting enough, due to the nature of their open circulatory system, shrimp have no arteries so their organs just float around in blood!

MOHLovesAlaska