cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your favorite DAW

markpain
Opening Act

Whats your favorite recording software and why ? What makes it so special and whats the best feature about it ?

Labels (3)
21 Replies

RoExodus
Opening Act

Studio One professional version, is hands down the best to me. Universally you can do everything you need to do with it. from production to mastering. a whole album created with one DAW is an awesome win win to me. 

markpain
Opening Act

Thats Dope !! I need to check out Studio one thanks for replying @RoExodus 

RoExodus
Opening Act

@markpain wrote:

Thats Dope !! I need to check out Studio one thanks for replying @RoExodus 

Mos Def!! 

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markpain I was a die-hard Cubase user for the longest and then went to school for audio engineering and started using Pro Tools since it is the studio standard but man, did I miss my Cubase. 

I love Cubase because I used it for so long and knew how to navigate it so well but then had to learn Pro Tools to get certified in school. 🎵

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Flat out using Garageband. 

Most of my stuff is played with actual real instruments, so after tracking a few things, it was pretty trivial to piece together. I do believe our recording engineer exported it to something else in order to apply the tons of other effects and other wizardry to bring out the sounds in the final mixdown, but for flat-out setting up a song, never needed anything more.

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

markpain
Opening Act

That's Dope Erick !! I use to use Cubase too it was my go to .. And then Fl studio came along . For some reason the mixes in FL would come out real full compared to other DAW's but Cubase had that snap crackle and pop to it. Then I started using Reasons and got stuck there lol.😂 @ErickPandora 

markpain
Opening Act

I like Garage Band Jack .. Very similar to logic in a way... I like the way the mixes come out super dope. Garage Band has those additional tweaks that you can play with soundwise really dope @JackPhantom 

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markpain you sound like me with trying out all those other DAWs but since I was so familiar and comfortable with Cubase, I would always run back to it. 

I loved Reasons hardware view where you could adjust signal flow with manipulation of digital cables haha 😂. I used to love flipping to that hardware view and watching the cables sway lol.

markpain
Opening Act

I swear @ErickPandora thats what drew me to Reasons lol .. Those virtual cables 😂

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markpain you're not the only one haha.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.21.12 PM.png

markpain
Opening Act

@ErickPandora @😂😂

RoExodus
Opening Act

@markpain @ErickPandora @JackPhantom lolol.. reading all this engineering talk takes me back to Class sessions in Audio engineering recording, mixing and mastering courses lol

RoExodus
Opening Act

I still remember the first time i turned on to recording .. and it was with Nuendo.. i thought that was the dopest program i would ever see. then the evolving start happening. FL studio, cubase, Logic pro, pro tools.. and after so many years found my love.. Studio One! lol

markpain
Opening Act

@RoExodus lol .. I heard of Nuendo I think its by Steinberg right ? But you are definetely pushing me into that Studio One .. I gotta check that out !! 

RoExodus
Opening Act

@markpain yes that was a Steinberg joint.. dope as ever, it was like a early

@markpain wrote:

@RoExodus lol .. I heard of Nuendo I think its by Steinberg right ? But you are definetely pushing me into that Studio One .. I gotta check that out !! 

@markpain wrote:

version of Logic! 

markpain
Opening Act

Word up !! @RoExodus 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoExodus @markpain Nuendo was the first DAW I ever used! Used that for several years before I turned to Cubase, which is another Steinberg product. I just saw they released Nuendo 10! 

Love this convo. It really is taking me back @markpain @RoExodus @JackPhantom

markpain
Opening Act

Thanks @ErickPandora 

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Hey back when I was doing New Beat type stuff, I was using a K2000 run by Cubase - running on an Atari ST. How's fricking THAT for ancient?

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)