cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on the Christmas track

JackPhantom
On the Rise

As some of you may or may not know I am a musician.

I wasn't going to do a Christmas track, because those are usually EXTREMELY COMMERCIAL and LAME. 

But I found a traditional piece I wanted to copy in my inimitable style (not joking there - no less than five industry professionals have said "yeah, this is genuinely unique").

Roughed in the bass and drums, played the piano and synth parts, slapped in a few public domain and very neat samples. 

I grabbed the sax and roughed in a crude part and solo so that my technician over at Slaughterhouse Studios can get ready for this weekend's recording session.

Planning on producing it for Friday, December the 13th.

Will keep you guys posted.  

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)
6 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom I am patiently waiting to hear this Jack Phantom style Christmas track. 'Tis the season! 🎅🏼

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

JackPhantom
On the Rise

As shared elsewhere - we have everything roughed in, and once we made sure the levels on everything else was right, we finished up with the sax recording. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TM7F5AqSv/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

JackPhantom
On the Rise
We couldn't get to mastering it in time for distribution, so.... I'm going to have to shelve this. Which is a shame. People who heard the rough cut really liked it. I could go ahead and find another studio but there just isn't time.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom Sometimes there isn't enough time on the clock to make things happen. I hope that you can still enjoy the holiday season with friends/family!

I will be looking forward to any new music that you put out in the upcoming year, Jack. Cheers to a fruitful, 2020!! 🎉

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

JackPhantom
On the Rise
I'm at 199 streams. One more listener and I break 200! Yeah, life's like that. I think I'll invest in the software myself and do the recording in my own pad. The room's acoustically deadened and with an upgrade to my mics I'll sound pretty killer.

0 Kudos

Metoo1
Local Performer

Chat please new at this don't know what I'm supposed to do here help lol

0 Kudos