cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Blocker False-Positive after Restart

BWilliamsCS
Underground

Pandora Support Crew, Please Note: I have read the solution posed in this thread, but I believe this is a new, separate issue. Please do not move this post under that one simply because they have similar subjects.

Frankly, it doesn't impact me much; this is more of a bug report than a request for help.

However, when I:

1. Pause Pandora (Chrome browser version 85.0.4183.121)
  2. Put my computer to sleep
  3. Leave and come back many hours later (~16)

My Pandora tab tells me to disable ad blockers. This never happens otherwise, and refreshing the page is sufficient to resume listening. I strongly suspect this was introduced by a recent software update, either for Chrome or Pandora's web platform, and would best be addressed by a code change.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
21 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Greengecko To clarify, does this only happen when streaming Pandora through Google Chrome?

Did you have a chance to try Mozilla Firefox? I understand switching browsers isn't an ideal solution, but this will help determine whether or not this issue is browser-specific.

You can download Firefox here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue for you: Chrome Troubleshooting 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Greengecko
Local Performer

Hi @AdamPandora, it does appear to happen only on Chrome (which I use almost exclusively).  I installed Firefox a few days ago with the same AdBlock Plus extension and I've been letting it sit in the background the way it does on Chrome, and I have gotten no false positives on the ad blocker.

I just changed the settings in Chrome for "Popups and redirects", so we'll see if that helps.

0 Kudos