cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing on Mac desktop

SpectrumT
Local Performer

When I launch Pandora on my Mac, it starts playing, but the app does not show up on my desktop - even when I click on "Show Pandora." (Nothing changes when I click that.) I recently updated to Big Sur. I think that is when this issue started. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

SpectrumT
Local Performer

Doing the above did give me an interface on the desktop. It is not the one I've always had since starting to use Pandora several years ago. The former one was more of a 'widget.' The current one is much larger. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SpectrumT. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. We'll keep track of your collection for you.

To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

SpectrumT
Local Performer

Doing the above did give me an interface on the desktop. It is not the one I've always had since starting to use Pandora several years ago. The former one was more of a 'widget.' The current one is much larger. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SpectrumT Thanks for letting me know.

Sounds like you were using our old Pandora One Desktop app. That desktop app was a smaller and more compact player. Unfortunately, we no longer offer support for that widget app. The current desktop app you're using is our updated version and is officially supported.

If you'd prefer to see a more compact version of this newer Pandora Desktop App, feel free to upvote this existing feature suggestion: Compact Player Option

To upvote any feature suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the idea. 

I hope this helps! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AGuyNamedChris
Local Performer

I recently upgraded to Big Sur and had the same experience while attempting to use the older, widget-style Pandora One app. No errors when opening the app, music starts playing, but no window was being rendered. While this older app may no longer be supported by Pandora, I was able to get everything working again by installing the latest Adobe AIR runtime; version 33.1.1.385 at the time of this writing. And this is on macOS 11.2.3 as well. You can find the latest Adobe AIR runtime at the following link: https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime Hope this helps!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @AGuyNamedChris. 👋

Thanks so much for clarifying this information, and for sharing those helpful details.

You are correct. Unfortunately, the Pandora One Desktop app is no longer supported.

In 2019, we revamped the desktop app for Windows and MAC computers. You can find out more details about it here: New Pandora Desktop App Now Available for Both Windows and Mac

If anything else pops up, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

0 Kudos