cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Songs Cutting Off Before Song Ends

KCMetroGnome
Local Performer

I'm having this problem as well. It is from my browser (Chrome). I rarely listen on my phone, so I'm not sure if the problem would be happening there. But every 2nd or 3rd song cuts off halfway through on my browser. It started about the same time frame as mentioned by others in this thread.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @KCMetroGnome. 👋

I moved your post over to the Desktop space to keep everything organized.

To better understand what's happening, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. Would you mind trying out these steps while the trace is enabled, to see if it helps?

You can find the steps here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

KCMetroGnome
Local Performer

Hi, @AlyssaPandora. I tried those steps and have not had any success. Songs are still getting cut off about every 2nd or 3rd song. The timer keeps progressing toward the end of the song, but there is no sound and it actually does not skip to the next song unless I go to that browser tab and manually skip

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@KCMetroGnome Sorry to hear those steps didn't work.

Did you have a chance to try Mozilla Firefox or a different browser? I understand switching browsers isn't an ideal solution, but this will help determine whether or not this issue is browser-specific.

You can download Firefox here.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

KCMetroGnome
Local Performer

Today I've been using Firefox all day and I have not had the same problem. So it does appear to be Chrome specific. As you mentioned, it would be my preference to not have to use a different browser for Pandora, but it is a workable solution for right now. Is there anything else I can try changing in Chrome that might help? Or does this mean that someone at Pandora or at Google would have to change something?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KCMetroGnome I'm unaware of any changes that could be causing this issue for you. However, I will share this information with our engineering team on your behalf so that they can investigate further. 

Could you confirm whether you're noticing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Have you seen any "buffering" errors when this happens?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

KCMetroGnome
Local Performer

There are no messages. The song just suddenly goes quiet. Sometimes the timer bar continues to count down and sometimes it stops counting (but it still shows the triangle for 'playing' not the double bars for 'paused'). When I click to skip to the next track it moves forward just fine and plays the next track.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@KCMetroGnome Thanks so much for sticking with me on this. I've sent over an email so that you can run a diagnostic test on your web browser. If you don't see my email yet, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder. Once I have this info, I can share this with our engineering team as well. 🎧

0 Kudos

AnaSpringer
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  Can you send me the email?

0 Kudos