cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Not Available in Your Country

ratman08
Local Performer

I had to do a reboot on my desktop this morning and after that I can't get onto Pandora. It now says Pandora not available in your country. I have been listening to it every single day until now.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @ratman08 

It sounds like you are using a VPN which is rerouting your internet connection. Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

GeraldPandora

Hi @ratman08 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 👋

Pandora Internationally:

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

++++

Using a VPN:

If you're located in the United States, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you using a VPN on your Desktop?

If so -- using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported which may explain why you're running into that error message.

• Please check to see if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora.
  • You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

++++

If you're not using a work computer or VPN, would you mind telling me what internet browser you're using?

In the meantime, let's try some troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if this will help as well. Please select the links below to your specific browser for the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos

ratman08
Local Performer
Hello and thank you for the response. I have tried the troubleshooting steps that Pandora suggested on both Chrome and edge and I'm still getting the same thing. It's on my desktop and yes I do use a VPN. I had to do a reboot this morning as suggested when I was going to try another browser(EDGE). I did notice that upon the computer booting back up that I saw a Bit defender up date and that is my VPN as well. I don't know if that may be the problem.
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @ratman08 

It sounds like you are using a VPN which is rerouting your internet connection. Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos