cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distortion with third-party app

k9gardner
Local Performer

I have been using a third-party macOS app called "Music Streaming", with my Pandora account, for a long time, I don't remember why, maybe it was before a Pandora dedicated app existed. But recently I have been hearing a lot of distortion when listening to the music (Mostly "Cool Jazz Radio"). I also use Boom3D (software EQ) and thought maybe there was a problem there, so I've tried turning that off, and I've tried switching now to the Pandora app instead of Music Streaming app. But still, there's just a lot of graininess to the sound, a lot of background noise. When I say "a lot," I mean, it's listenable, sure. But even with my compromised hearing at the high end, I can hear a lot of white noise and what just sounds like low-resolution audio files. What's going on here? It used to be so good, clean and clear, for years. Now within the last few months the quality seems to have taken a nosedive. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @k9gardner 

Welcome to community!

I'm happy to report this to the team that looks after our library. Could you give me the name of the station(s) that this happens on and a couple of examples of tracks that you've noticed the white noise.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos