cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac App Pixelation

Listener001
Not applicable

I have a MacBook Pro 16" connected via thunderbolt to a Belkin Pro dock then to a DisplayPort monitor. When I install and run Pandora 15.0.3 it runs normally. If the MacBook sleeps and I resume, the Pandora and only Pandora app comes up badly pixelated and blocky. Reseting/reinstalling the app does not help. If I reboot the app is fine until the Mac sleeps.

I checked with Apple support and they indicated because no other apps are doing this, start with Pandora. So, tag Pandora - you're it. macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Listener001. 👋

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not help resolve the issue.

I'd like to report this to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  2. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  3. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Alyssa,

Network: Wifi is connected (no issues), also connected to a Thunderbolt 3 dock which is wired via ethernet (to the same network as wifi). 

Yes Pandora streams fine in the browser. The app works too just isn't readable. If you could pass a hint onto your engineering team, I suspect there is a hardware/graphics problem with the app's hardware acceleration. 

Additionally, I have a 2013 13" MacBook Pro on MacOS Big Sur and it doesn't have this issue.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.57.34 AM.png

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Thanks so much for providing a screenshot.

This is very helpful. I'll report this over to our engineering team to investigate.

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos