cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Stops On Multiple Devices

heatmizr
Local Performer

The unwanted PAUSE happens on our free version , on both my wife's Galaxy S9 and now it's even happening on my PC using Pandora.com??  Just now it had trouble playing ads, the play/pause button did nothing. Then it played an ad, then quiet, then finally just came back on in the middle of the next song.

I wish it worked, I do prefer the song algorithms over Youtube Music.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

heatmizr
Local Performer

Happens on PC using Pandora.com too! NOT just an Android issue.

Big Downer...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @heatmizr. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Are you experiencing this issue on both your web browser and Android device?
  • Have any error messages popped up?
  • Which web browser are you using when this happens?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

heatmizr
Local Performer

Yes - both:

Windows Chrome Browser current version. (Version 91.0.4472.106 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Google Pixel 4, Android 11 

No Error messages. Just freezes up.

Randomly goes quiet often, usually when an Ad starts or a song starts. Clicking the Play/Pause button gets no response.  Just now I opened a new tab and went to Pandora.com, and it goes to a blacked out screen that says "AD" but no sound, triangle PLAY button on bottom does not respond. This is exactly where I left it and closed the tab earlier, since it stopped playing on me.

Other times it plays up to a whole hour before crapping out.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @heatmizr

Android Device:

For the Google Pixel 4 device, let's try running through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

++

Your Computer:

For your Google Chrome browser, let's try these steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Since this impacting multiple devices, this could be an issue with your network.

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JN86
Local Performer

It has started on my Pandora Plus account too. Across all of my devices and even through the web browser edition. Not happy at all. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JN86. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

I've taken a look at you account. It's possible that this error message was triggered by multiple listeners on your account, a problem with Pandora on your device, or an issue with your internet provider. 

This could also mean there were indications that the Pandora service was being accessed in ways that don't fit our Terms of Use. You can review our terms here.

Could you try listening again today, and let me know if the issue persists? 🎧

0 Kudos