cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora keeps logging out while playing

Withheld
Local Performer

While I'm listening Pandora will stop playing and when the page reloads I've been logged out.  I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Withheld. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, here are a few things to check in Firefox:

1. Click the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the Firefox window. (On a Mac, click Firefox.)
  2. Select Options at the bottom of the list. (If you have a Mac, click Preferences.)
  3. When the Options window is open, select the Privacy tab from the left column.
  4. Under History, make sure it reads Firefox will: Remember history
  5. Now, select the Security tab from the left column.
  6. Under Logins you will see two checkboxes. Make sure Remember logins for sites is checked.

Are you using the add-on/extensions Better Privacy or Flashblock? If so, make sure to allow Pandora within them, so you won't be signed out automatically.

Also: 

• Are you using CCleaner or ATF to remove temporary files from your machine?
  • Are you running security software such as Norton Internet Security? Some of those suites do "cookie cleaning," which might cause this.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Withheld
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa, thanks for the response.

This is not a problem of having to sign in when I return to Pandora.  This is happening while I'm listening.  Pandora will randomly stop playing, reload the page, and after reloading will have logged out of my account.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Withheld Thanks so much for following up with me. I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.

Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Firefox browser to see if this helps. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account, just in case we need to report this over to our engineering team.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos