cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound stops playing on Mac

Bones
Local Performer

Mac Safari, Sounds stops but song shows playing on 13.0.2.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Bones!

Here are a few things to check regarding the sound:

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

If you're on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Bones!

Here are a few things to check regarding the sound:

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

If you're on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

Let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

walters
Underground

The sound simply stops while you can see the song is still playing.  I have a MacBook Pro.  I have to recheck on an item to hear it.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @walters. 👋

• Have you tried using a different web browser to see if you're able to listen?
    • This will help us determine whether this is browser-related.
  • Currently, which web browser(s) are you having trouble with?

Let me know, and I can send over troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos

MusicAddict
Local Performer

Any luck fixing this since Pandora seem inept?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MusicAddict. 👋

Sounds like you may be having trouble listening as well. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Which web browser are you using? Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop for MAC computers?
  • Have any error messages popped up when the sound stops?

In the meantime, feel free to check out my post here about the volume / sound when using Pandora from a computer.

Let me know, and I can follow up with troubleshooting steps. 🎧

0 Kudos