cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Control

WoodMan48
Local Performer

I enjoy loud rock and blues music but also soft Indian chants. The music volume coming in thru my desk-top computer inexplicably increases on it's own. I am constantly adjusting it down before it increases again. It's pain to have to keep fiddling with it. What can i do to solve this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

@WoodMan48 when I adjust my volume it automatically stay's at that setting. Go back to your volume adjustment and try setting it again, once you do before you close it see if you can see a save your setting option or just a icon to click on to save your adjustment. Take care and stay safe.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @WoodMan48. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing those differences in volume.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

We can also try troubleshooting your web browser or the desktop app to see if refreshing it helps.

Feel free to share how you're listening, and I can send over steps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos