cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Continuously failing to play audio

dave10
Local Performer

I have been having issues with playing Pandora on both my phone and my computer for the last month to the point I'm ready to cancel service. I have tried changing the stations on my browser multiple times but it just sits there and queues and doesn't play. The songs are listed but no audio starts. Same with my iOS application. On the web browser (Version 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)) it just spins. Same with my phone on iOS 16. I have tried lowering the quality to see if that would resolve it, even though it occurs with downloaded stations as well and I have 50 mbps or more bandwidth at locations attempting to play. 

What if any solution is there to resolve this?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dave10. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing your tunes from both devices. I understand how frustrating this can be.

iOS Isssues:

For your iPhone device, we are experiencing issues with iOS 16 and we've been gathering information on this thread: iOS 16: Continuous Buffering on 2208.2 and later

This issue is actively being worked on by our engineering team and I will post an update as soon as I have one.

++

For your computer:

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Chrome Troubleshooting

This is helpful to share with our web engineers so they can investigate further.

My final recommendation would be network troubleshooting.

You can try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

lkay86
Local Performer

I was having the exact same problem on the desktop and was able to get it to work by trying a different browser.  It worked at first on Edge, but then just stopped entirely. I tried it on Chrome instead, and least for now it seems to be working. Not sure if this is the same issue, but thought I'd give another option in case it's helpful. Good luck!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing those details, @lkay86

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered the same same. 

If you prefer using Edge as your primary browser, you may find these steps helpful: Edge Troubleshooting

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that it works when using Chrome. The issue sounds browser-related. 

Let me know if you try the steps and if it helps. Thank you for sharing that helpful tip! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos