cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default to shuffle stations

Default to shuffle stations

Cd1515
Underground

Whenever I open the app it always defaults to the same radio station, how can I get it to default to shuffle stations?

mod edit: changing title for clarity 

Labels (2)
38 Comments
davegarell
Local Performer

So this is obviously a change that someone in tech support thought would be good to make to everyone's Pandora account.  All I see are complaints on your message boards asking for the old way of being able to select "shuffle stations" and having them stay that way until the listener changes it.  Tech support/programming:  are you listening to us and reading the posts?  If you choose to stick us in message boards rather than in direct email/chat support, you need to fix the problems that all of us tell you about.

steadyincome411
Underground

It seems this board is dead, no one cares at all.

To shuffle your music you must click My Collections then Stations.
The ability to shuffle is there.

What I am pissed about is opening Pandora in the past week and finding it plays the last favorited station. I left it on SHUFFLE.

Make the ability to keep it on the last setting, please, and also MAKE the ability to SHUFFLE even easier if you can't figure out a way for us to keep our settings.

steadyincome411
Underground

It seems this board is dead, no one cares at all.

To shuffle your music you must click My Collections then Stations.
The ability to shuffle is there.

What I am pissed about is opening Pandora in the past week and finding it plays the last favorited station. I left it on SHUFFLE.

Make the ability to keep it on the last setting, please, and also MAKE the ability to SHUFFLE even easier if you can't figure out a way for us to keep our settings.

steadyincome411
Underground

Very stupid system.
Have tried 5 times to post anything, it crashes, but low and behold the posts finally show up.
It's impossible to remove them, it always crashes.

What a GREAT system Pandora has.
Staff that couldn't care less about their subscribers, and STAFF that couldn't care less about a website that actually works.

ryanwaltondc
Local Performer

I can't even find the shuffle button any longer on our account.  I've tried everything but it just isn't there. So now I'm stuck listening to just one station instead of it shuffling between the different stations I had selected. I tried support & they were really no help. I have no idea why they took away the one thing that worked so well.

jj2
Local Performer
Yes, this isn't a new feature request. It only recently started defaulting to a station. I was able to start on shuffle for 10 years.
Toms
Local Performer

I'd like to have a pandora icon on my computer desktop so that I can simply click to play pandora with shuffle my stations automatically on. Is this possible?

AlyssaPandora

@Toms I moved your post over to this existing feature request.

You can download the Pandora Desktop app here to have the icon on your computer automatically.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

ldlong
Local Performer

Similar behavior here. After years of working as it should, recently whenever I exit Pandora.com in my browser (Firefox) with the shuffle setting turned on the next time I open Pandora.com, shuffle is turned off and it continually plays the first station in my list. Unlike with caitlin16, shuffle works when I reselect it after I'm once in Pandora but then it reverts back to the first station in my list the next time I return.

Toms
Local Performer

I've noticed the same. No more shuffle default. What really bugs me is that Pandora does not acknowledge that it once was a feature. They simply insult us by saying it is not a Pandora feature. Com'on Pandora be real. This certainly makes me want to look around at other music apps.