cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to change colors on Now Playing screen

Ideas: Ability to change colors on Now Playing screen

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

I’d like to have the ability to change the colors / skin on the now playing screen -- especially if the color is too bright or not to my liking. It would be nice if we could choose the color or have the option to let it change as we listen.

62 Comments
Herr_Motobahn
Local Performer
It's often cool when new features are added but not this time!!  OMG!!  Did somebody actually review and approve this?? This is awful!! 
PRC43
Local Performer

I would love it if we could have an option to keep the screen on but the screen act as a light box, changes color with the music playing. No lié, i would definitely pay more just for that option!

PRC43
Local Performer

Paying for no adds should have way more benefits, and that light box option would be something that would really compensate more of an inventive to pay for the app. With the growing change I the tech world many of us do not want new apps, we just want our existing ones to integrate more. 

Foole
Local Performer

Did this ever get addressed? The background color scheme indeed should be toggable as that godforsaken neon yellow blurs all the info of the track and several other colors just plain stab my rods and cones. If I ever consider popping some molly and hitting a rave, I might could enjoy those garish hues, but I am too fuddy duddy and just like to jam through the day on a natural high. Thanks for the music, get this fixed, please.

BrendonJones108
Local Performer

Please add the ability to set the color of the background or at least turn off the color change. Thank you

LoisBelle
Local Performer

As an autistic person the extremely bright colors defeat the purpose of listening to music, which is to control my stimulation levels.  Please allow us to change the colors, both on the website and the mobile apps.  Thank you.

Dissident
Opening Act

I came here to make this exact feature request -- the ability to change (at least) the "Now Playing" background color.

And the only right way to implement this change is to allow the user to choose a background color. I've seen people request specific colors, or for the background to display the cover art. I'm sorry, but that is self-centered and absurd. I have Pandora running all day long when I work, and the blue background is distracting enough.

I'd simply like the option to set the background to the solid color of my choosing.

Come on, Pandora; this request is nearly 3 years old and is clearly popular. This post has 146 upvotes and those are the users who bothered to find this forum, log in, find this request, and upvote it.

acdcfreak78
Local Performer

DEAR GOD,

GET RID OF THIS EYE BURNING YELLOW!

I've had Lasik and this Yellow is killing me! I can only look at it for a couple seconds if not a minute and have to look off. I can't stand it, it hurts like hell!

Get rid of it!

sgginc
Opening Act

I believe this issue was around when iTunes launched ~7 years ago. 
Don’t look for a fix this decade. 
I quit iTunes because it couldn’t shuffle songs in a playlist (see my other post for proof). 

I chose Pandora because it’s so easy to find new music. 

Pandora could easily dominate the music streaming platform if it would invest in bug fixes.  Maybe next decade. 
Thanks…Ken

Foole
Local Performer
Oh, I agree. It was rare inspiration to even comment after searching for a possible adjustment for these horrifying background colors. Garish, I believe is a fitting term. The absolute kicker for me is the lettering for labels and other writings are not adjusted to be legible. Lime neon green and undefined white lettering is just plain stupid. I upgraded to avoid commercials. I like the music even with the common lack of relevant algorithms designed into created stations. I can seek and create like the old days when I get enough down time. I'm afraid paid services are focusing less on extra amenities or promoting creativity with the product and rather just toeing the line with basics these days. Shame, really, all we are asking for here is just an alternative to the controversial "bling" appearance with a simple "off" switch. Please and thank you. Yep, maybe next decade. Merry Christmas, y'all!