cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Mugur
Underground

It would be great to have the ability to permanently merge selected stations into one.  All the seeds, thumbs-ups, and thumbs-down from all selected stations would merge into one station.

> This would give all the people who have a ton of stations the ability to consolidate and organize them without having to delete stations they like, and without having a complicated group/folder system.

> It would encourage people to use stations to explore unfamiliar genres more without ending up with so-so or too many stations.

> Consolidating is another tool to create some really powerful, amazing stations that you couldn't get by just adding seeds.

I've wanted this feature for over ten years. Let's make it happen.

mod edit: format and title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Comments
sdjohnson72
Underground

I have some stations I would like to split up into more fine tuned stations.  ie.  Metal stations covers 60 years and I would like to split it up by decades, styles, etc.  Other instance is having multiple Christmas stations and some could be merged.  Splitting would have to be by seeds and thumbs. I see a simple interface asking for a new station name and which seeds and thumbs you want removed from the original station and added to the new station.  Merging would need to let you pick one of the existing names or create a new one and have thumbs and seeds from both stations.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback @sdjohnson72! I've merged your post with an existing request

Don't forget to vote ❤️on the features you'd like to see for Pandora. The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Issabeau
Local Performer

I came to the help menu with absolute faith that this would be possible and I just couldn't figure out how to do it.  Disappointment abounds.  I hope this is a feature Pandora can make happen.

dereckfrance
Local Performer

I would like a way to merge two Collections together.  I have two stations that started off slightly different, but over time have become very similar (which I'm ok with).  I would just like to a way to combine them but keep the history (thumbs up, seeded station created from info, etc.).  Is this a feature that can be added?

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @dereckfrance! I merged your idea with a similar post already in FR: Ability to merge/split stations

Please be sure to vote! The more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap at some point. 

Thanks for being part of community!

vkohlhorst
Local Performer

I see this is an old thread but I found it because it seems that all my stations are mixed and I don’t always want it that way. Is there a setting or something now that does mix or shuffle all my stations that is somehow now enabled?  For example, when I play Bob Marley Radio, after two Marley songs, I get Van Morrison next. Why is this happening?  

hha225
Underground

I've been using pandora for 20 years and this is a 10 year old request.  im actually paying you all money nowadays.  fix it no excuses or I refuse to renew my subscription 

Dlforbes38
Local Performer

Seriously, I agree with most recent comment regarding (in)ability to merge or split stations a user has created on Pandora. Time for an explanation of why this is too hard to do, or time to get on the stick and fix it! We are indeed paying you money for this service, and there are alternatives to your product we can choose. 

Termich
Opening Act

Very cool idea!!, I support with all hands!

sharp2020
Local Performer

We need this!